scabies treatment
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

New Topic Post Reply

Scabies Forum for Scabies Treatment

Be sure to register so you can see all boards and posts related to scabies mites and scabies treatment. Another good scabies resource is the Scabies treatment guide here that has many treatments and tips!

how long does it take to get rid of scabies Options · View
wendy
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 3:25:13 PM Quote

Exactly how long does it take to get rid of scabies and how do I know when I have gotten rid of them? I am wondering because many say itching will continue after scabies treatment into post scabies which would be after scabies and I get the fact my skin will need to heal and it will still be allergic. But how long can I expect the post scabies part to take and my skin be completely back to normal?

Sponsor  

scabies treatment

#2 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:20:59 AM Quote

It depends on how long you have them before being diagnosed and started treatment. The longer it takes you to start treatment on scabies the longer it will take to both treat scabies and get over the post scabies part. Post scabies is when your treated for scabies but your skin is still itching because of dead mites and their fecal matter which remains trapped under your skin.

Jamie
#3 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2012 5:54:12 AM Quote
You can have them for weeks, months or years. Scabies is known as the 7 year itch because with scabies and post scabies it can take 7 years depending on how advanced the scabies case you have is as post scabies takes just as much time as the time you contracted scabies till the tim you started scabies treatment. So basically the longer you take to treat scabies the harder it is to treat because you give the scabies mites a chance to really dig into your skin and duplicate which causes more dead mites and more scabies fecal matter trapped under the skin. It is the dead scabies and the debris which causes the itchiness and until your skin surfaces it you will itch as your skin is allergic.
wayne
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:18:12 PM Quote

My scabies lasted a month roughly as I had a bump few weeks after treatment where I spot treated with sulfur as some areas of my skin where the scabies were living were pretty bad as they built up dry skin between my fingers which hosted them well so my treatment would probably not of worked unless I did the spot treating on the areas that were worse. It also helps to use moisturizer on certain areas to help repair the skin.

Good luck!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply