scabies treatment
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

New Topic Post Reply

Get Started Register free and see all scabies posts and threads! Also ensure you read the Scabies treatment guide here for scabies treatment instructions. Have a scabies question? Simply ask it and someone within the community will surely answer it!

Scabies still itching after permethrin cream Options · View
Megs
#1 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 2:54:31 PM Quote

Hey guys;

It has been four days now since my second treatment with permethrin 7 days apart and after both times I am feeling the same, the treatments left me hopeful after the first night as was less itchy and never felt any significant *active itches, but each time 2 days after treatment I am back to normal where I am still itching and it is pretty obvious the permethrin creams did not work. To be more specific I used the 100ml bottles of Kwelleda p cream which contains 5% permethrin, this did not work and am almost at my witts end.

I would also like to note that my cleaning around my house was not a factor as I own a steam cleaner and steam cleaned everything and cleaned everything daily. Has anyone else had this experience and what is the next option for me? I kinda have a feeling that my mother still has it as well and we are giving it to each other as she is temporarily staying with me.

I would appreciate your help!

Megs
Sponsor  

scabies treatment

#2 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 3:43:10 PM Quote

Try using sulfur. Also you do know that the permethrin creams used for scabies will leave you itchy for a few days after as they linger in your skin and they are pesticides. Sulfur is a more effective way of killing scabies and it is natural and help promote skin healing. Usually wait a week after using it and then judge your situation, if your using antihistamines be sure to stop using them for a few days to see if you notice that scabies night time itching as it could mask the symptoms.

#3 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2012 9:35:19 AM Quote

Sulfur works and doesnt make you itch for months. I found the permethrin creams made me sick and made my itching worse. Not sure if putting pesticides on your body is the right way to go considering you can use sulfur.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 07, 2012 9:46:04 AM Quote

Permethrin is known to make people itch even after the scabies are killed for a few days as the pesticides still remain under the skin. After 3-4 days if your still itching and seeing new rashes appear you likely still have scabies. I wouldnt associate itching 2-3 days after scabies treatment with permethrin to active scabies because its likely the chemical unless you experience the *active itching at night as this is when scabies are most active.

Ben
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 09, 2012 7:35:15 AM Quote

In my experience using permethrin cream it actually makes scabies itching worse as that pesticide lingers in your body for weeks. I had no success with it and one thing I noticed is the 100 ml bottles on kwelleda p are not even enough to full cover your body so I do not know how they expect you to completely kill all the scabies. You would figure they would atleast give you more since the stuff isnt very effective and has likely been sitting on a shelf for years. My advice is to use sulfur it actually kills scabies!

#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 4:16:04 AM Quote
What scientific evidence do you have to support the drug lasting weeks? Also the drug is highly effective and proven over decades. Also unless your big foot 100ml is more than enough. Do you work for the sulfur industry?
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:28:58 PM Quote
Yes, why are you telling people that permethrin doesn't work? Studies have been done proving it works. Stop scaring those of us who are just beginning treatment with permethrin.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 5:28:56 PM Quote

Both work but if you had scabies for more than a few weeks before being diagnosed and treated it is better to use sulfur as it does a better job of penetrating the skin and killing both scabies and eggs.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 9:19:50 AM Quote
It's a real pleasure to find soomene who can think like that
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply