scabies treatment
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

New Topic Post Reply

Scabies Forum for Scabies Treatment

Be sure to register so you can see all boards and posts related to scabies mites and scabies treatment. Another good scabies resource is the Scabies treatment guide here that has many treatments and tips!

Raised Bumps? Options · View
Brandy
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2009 5:52:14 PM Quote

Scabies Treatment Resources

• Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies Tricks Guide
  • Scabies 24 Hour Report

• Okay so would scabies be flat bumps but the post scabies be raised bumps. what are the tell tell signs of scabies. i was under the impression that scabies were flat and came in bunches and would probably be on the exact spot on the other side of your body. What i have now is like acne raised bumps sometimes hard and painful. Is this a secondary infection or post scabies? Please let me know if you know more..

Sponsor  

scabies treatment

#2 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2009 6:29:43 AM Quote

Actually in my observations the scabies are actually raised bumps primarily and once you hit post scabies the bumps gradually flatten out and fade away, with the exception that sometimes your skin mite produce more raised bumps from infection or hair follicle problems. So typically it is kinda hard to say.

#3 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2010 10:27:50 AM Quote

Well from what I seen, you will see the majority of raised bumps during active scabies, not to say you wont see any in post scabies but they will dramatically decrease and you will see all the bumps from the active scabies start to flatten out and heal, rmeember scaibes and post scabies both take time. An active sign of a active scabies infestation is the fact that the mites have a fluttering type of itch, if you knwo your itch is not a normal one primarily at night time than it is likely you still have scabies or were reinfected with scabies.

#4 Posted : Thursday, February 02, 2012 7:21:07 AM Quote

Raised bumps maybe could pertain to you have a more severe case of scabies? Are the bumps secluded to a certain area of your body? Are you seeing groups of lessions rather than just one here and there? My guess is maybe you just irritated some areas of the skin that were infected and maybe given yourself a secondary skin infection. This is typical with post scabies as the skin is in very bad shape from the treatments and the damage the scabies mite did under your skin. Try using sulfur cream on those areas and they should quickly get better and this will prevent it from spreading to other areas also.

#5 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 3:32:17 PM Quote

It is likely just your skin is allergic and disrupted from the treatment, the dead scabies mites and their fecal matter under the skin. I had this for a few weeks after scabies until my skin started to heal.

#6 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2012 6:24:56 PM Quote

The bumps should start flattening and fading if you treated scabies successfully.
    #7 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:07:18 AM Quote

This is pretty common and is referred to as Nodular scabies where the skins allergic reaction is causing the skin to form cyst like bumps under the skin. Spot treat on these areas using sulfur cream each day for a week or two. Whatever you do, do not try to squeeze or touch them just leave them alone or you will make them worse or it can even lead to secondary skin infections.
    Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
    New Topic Post Reply