scabies treatment
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

New Topic Post Reply

Get Started Register free and see all scabies posts and threads! Also ensure you read the Scabies treatment guide here for scabies treatment instructions. Have a scabies question? Simply ask it and someone within the community will surely answer it!

Table Salt ? Options · View
Brandy
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2009 5:50:21 PM Quote

Scabies Treatment Resources

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Does anyone know if regular table salt has the same properties as epsom salts or sea salts. Does it still have the same healing properties? I know it is used to sanatize water . does it have the same sulfur components thats in epsom salts ?

Sponsor  

scabies treatment

Alex
    #2 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2009 8:55:38 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• I beleive the comparisons are more between the sea salt and epsom salts and the healing properties suggested. Table salt is a whole different thing as it is meant to clean waters systems to make water drinkable. I beleive the table salt does not contain the same sulfur compound as found in epsom salts. Epsome salts are cheaper then regular table salt anyways go to any pharmacy and get them over the counter for about 3$ for 2kg( enough for 4-5 baths)

Good Luck

#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 10:44:09 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Hello,

I suffered with rampant scabies lesions on my trunk and loin area for 4 weeks. They itched especially around 2-4 a.m.. Permethrin 5% cream didn’t work. The mixture of borax with hydrogen peroxide subsided the bumps for a day and then new ones appeared. Sulfur mixed with petroleum jelly gave the same result. Nothing availed.

A friend told me to soak in hot salt water for an hour for 4 days and not to rinse after each bath. I soaked and scrubbed all parts of my body so that the mites under the skin would be exposed. The bumps and the itch disappeared!!! I slept so well for the first time. I washed my bed sheets, pillows, comforter and clothes everyday in borax and detergent. I also vacummed and sanitized the whole house with borax. Soaking in a hot bath mixed with 2 lbs of sea salt for an hour for 4 days really works. This treatment is cheap and non-toxic.
    #4 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 3:39:54 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• does this work?

#5 Posted : Saturday, May 29, 2010 9:28:32 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• I doubt table salt will work, table salt is likely to strong to be using on your skin in a bath, it could probably do more damage than good

#6 Posted : Sunday, July 04, 2010 1:12:44 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Wont work, they are two completely different forms of salt, epsom salts likely contain way more sulfate in them then something like table salt would that you use on your food. Plus table salt is likely not good for your skin as it can eat through metal and stuff like that. I would investigate more before even considering substituting table salt for epsom salt when dealing with scabies!

#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 6:22:27 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• After using Ivermectin and Permethrin over and over again I decided to approach this a different way. I also used DE Earth among other things. I knew I was washing everything during and after the treatments only to continue itching and seeing very tiny bite marks. This told me nyphs were still in my skin. I took a warm shower, not hot, remained wet, rubbed table salt from neck to toes and left it on for 10 minutes. You will feel a tingling sensation on the bite sites. This is good. It means the salt is getting into the bites and burrows. I rinsed and then added table salt to the cortizone cream I had been using creating a paste and spread it all over. The salt will fall away but you will not be uncomfortable or even know it is on your skin. I went itch free ALL day! I showered again at night doing the same routine. Again itch free and bite free. The bite marks have dried up, now healing. I put table salt in all my shoes making sure it got under the linings.
    I think the biggest problem has been dilluting everything and not using it as a paste form. Tea tree oil did not get rid of it even when I dapped it on full strength and burned the heck out of my skin. Scabies need fluid and oxygen to survive. The salt dehydrates them and they die. This was way too simple as I have been battling this for months. I did this for 10 days straight to make sure it was not my imagination or hopefullness. I no longer have anymore bites and no itch. My bite wounds are almost completely gone except for the scars left behind.
    I continue to vac every day, change the sheets and wash and dry everything in hot. I freeze what cannot be washed and put in the dryer in the freezer for 48 hours. Not sure I will ever stop doing this for fear they are lurking somewhere.
    There are many variances regarding how long scabies can live away from a host and I am not taking any chances.
    I have not felt this good in months and now I am going to have a life again.
    Try the tables salt routine. I promise you will feel relief the first time you do it and it will just get better every day after.
    Best to you all. This has been the worst infliction I have ever been through and not one I ever want to see return.
    Cory
    #8 Posted : Thursday, November 25, 2010 7:01:37 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Interesting. I have seem posts saying some people use epsom salts on their body as an exfoliant while they shower. As far as drying them out that is why sulfur is the #1 recommended mite treatment because it drys the skin and kills them off where other treatments will not even penetrate the skin. I am a huge fan of epsom salt baths as they help you relax and repair the skin from all the damage the scabies did.

Well its good that you are open about it and I know how you feel as I spent a good 8 months getting rid of these, I do know though that this will make you a better and stronger person and more aware of your sorroundings and hygiene.

Anyways thanks for the tips.

God Bless

Cory
    Kendra
    #9 Posted : Tuesday, December 07, 2010 7:22:46 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Yeah only epsom salts will help with post scabies as they have skin healing properties, table salt if for food. And table salt who knows what it can do to your skin, take a look at what salt does that they put on roads it eats through cars. Anyways all drug stores always carry epsom salts in bags or containers usually 2-4kg in size.

#10 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2010 2:38:32 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Table salt DOES stop scabies and the itch. Scabies live off the fluid under out skin. Table salt used as a scrub gets into the holes scabies made and it dehydrates them. I started this method 3 weeks ago and I do not have anymore bites or itching and I am totally healed.
    Anyone stating you can only do epsom salt baths has not tired the table salt scrub method. IT DOES WORK and I swear by it. Epsom salt in a bath disolves and is not strong enough in a dissolved form to kill off scabies. It helps clean out the debri that is the reason for the itch but it does NOT kill them off under the skin.
    Try the table salt as I described in my previous post. IT will work, just try it!
    #11 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2010 3:55:40 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Table salt does not work this is just completely irresponsible to even think that. You find me one peice of evidence that it does work. I have tried it in baths and it never did nothing, an epsom salts only help your skin heal they do not kill scabies.

Jill
    #12 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2010 3:58:21 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• You guys need to be using sulfur instead of trying to put stuff on your body that goes on your food. I even seen a thread on here where someone was bleaching themselves in a bath, how ridiculous can you get. Bleach and salt will not only not kill scabies but has the potential to damage your skin even further and then you may never get rid of your scabies. Be smart when dealing with scabies because you are dealing with your skin and you will have to live in it forever.

#13 Posted : Sunday, December 12, 2010 5:25:47 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• You can dispute the table salt remedy all you like. Table salt is not harmful to your skin. I asked a dermotologist. Table salt also has nutrients in it. READ the label on the box.
    Sulfure did nothing but keep the scabies at bay.
    Tried to offer up something that indeed works, does not ruin your skin as stated but clearly you rather suffer than try it.
    Shoot the messenger. Won't post again.
    All I care about is I am now scabies free, itch free and bite free.

Ri FL
    #14 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2010 8:35:12 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• I'm about to loose my mind with scabies. The worse is in my scalp just above the back of my neck. They are in my ears too. Of course they are also on arms, thighs, hips etc. Permithren doesn't work. Ive done 3 applications. I even left my house for 6 daays after one treatment and I don't think they ever went away. I'm trying the table salt on my scalp now. I'll let you know if it works for me.
    Pam
    #15 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2010 5:37:07 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• If the permethrin is not working you should be trying sulfur because the odds are you have some other type of mite of the permethrin creams are not penetrating your skin deep enough to kill the scabies. Try this site for scabies tips:

Scabies Home Treatment tricks

Veronica
    #16 Posted : Thursday, December 16, 2010 7:43:16 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Thanks! These sulfur cream really worked and within days I shed like 5 layers of skin. OMG cant thank you enough my skin is back from hell... I thought it would take years to get back to normal. I am still also using the sulfur bars of soap because they are healing and fading all the markings. This is so great and it has only been 4 days. Thanks in bunches...

Veronica

#17 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2010 1:14:40 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• OMG the table salt did work. I was about to go out of my mind with itching and sores. I tried it in the bath and then rubbed it onto my wet skin and just let it stay on my skin for about 10 minutes. It got so much better after the first time! Thank you, Thank you! I used it on my scalp to and on the base of my neck where they seemed to be the worst. Now I am healing. All that money spent on prescriptions that did nothing. I feel so ripped off.
    Bethany
    #18 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2010 4:39:20 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Table salt does not work to kill scabies! It actually makes it worse because it ruins your skin and makes the scabies more difficult to kill. Table salt may mask the itch of scabies but will only harm your skin more...

Use real cures....

Bethany MD
    #19 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 8:43:03 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Epsom salts work great at healing the skin, this is why alot of older people use them. But they are good for all types of skin problems, you can get 2kg and 4kg bags or containers usually for about 3-4$ at any pharmacy.

#20 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2011 5:52:53 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Guest wrote:
    You can dispute the table salt remedy all you like. Table salt is not harmful to your skin. I asked a dermotologist. Table salt also has nutrients in it. READ the label on the box.
    Sulfure did nothing but keep the scabies at bay.
    Tried to offer up something that indeed works, does not ruin your skin as stated but clearly you rather suffer than try it.
    Shoot the messenger. Won't post again.
    All I care about is I am now scabies free, itch free and bite free.

I agree, have tryed this and it works this person is on to something, so if it doesn't work for you plesase don't criticise
    Thanks
    #21 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2011 5:58:03 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Guest wrote:

I doubt table salt will work, table salt is likely to strong to be using on your skin in a bath, it could probably do more damage than good

It's not too strong, if you use it like a scrub, it feels good, is cheap relieves the itch, and helps.
    I had little red bites on my lower legs, and this got rid of them. If you try it, you'll see.
    This person deserves credit, not criticism. It's better and safer than toxic expensive nerve damaging chemicals.
    And it works...think of it this has been around for thousands of years, and they didn't have the drugs we have today.
    Salt scrub/ paste is the answer, just keep doing it....then moisturize with pure aloe juice from the health store, or better yet directly from the plant. It's magic. I've been through a lot of things and this works.
    #22 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2011 6:00:29 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Guest wrote:
    OMG the table salt did work. I was about to go out of my mind with itching and sores. I tried it in the bath and then rubbed it onto my wet skin and just let it stay on my skin for about 10 minutes. It got so much better after the first time! Thank you, Thank you! I used it on my scalp to and on the base of my neck where they seemed to be the worst. Now I am healing. All that money spent on prescriptions that did nothing. I feel so ripped off.

Yes I agree, people need to realize how effective such a simple thing can be, glad to hear it helped you.
    Don't know why these people put this down, they obviously didn't try it, I did and it worked.
    #23 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2011 6:03:27 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Guest wrote:

Table salt does not work to kill scabies! It actually makes it worse because it ruins your skin and makes the scabies more difficult to kill. Table salt may mask the itch of scabies but will only harm your skin more...

Use real cures....

Bethany MD

you sound like you are pushing drugs if you are an MD...I went to many doctors who just said I was imagining things.
    This salt method does not make the drug companies money and it's cheap.
    #24 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2011 6:49:09 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Table salt is for food!
    #25 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2011 8:48:21 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Well I am with the one who tried salt...so far. I have just done the treatment. So I will see. But I have gone through tubes of elimite and everything else; tea tree oil, rosemary oil, garlic, turpentine and wax, dog flea shampoo, vaseline...the bites just keep coming back, so I am desperate...I am crossing my fingers.

And let me tell you the doctor who looked at mine hardly looked through the microscope, she said it wasn't scabies, but I picked about ten of them off from me (live) and looking through my jewlry loop, they looked just like the ones shown in pics on the internet. I don't have the adult ones anymore, but the baby ones keep hatching. I feel a needle-like prick and look where it is and I see a raised bump and a black thread-looking speck.

Wish me luck!

R
    Deb
    #26 Posted : Saturday, June 04, 2011 2:51:15 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• You need to be using sulfur to kill scabies as it is 100% effective and also works against rat and bird mites. There is a thread on this forum to buy it with a coupon code to save money. I highly suggest getting the sulfur cream and soaps as they work in conjunction with each other. Basically you use the creams overnight and spot treating during the day and you use the soaps in the shower each day and night. Within a few days your scabies will be gone! I would still suggest using the sulfur soaps though for a few weeks as they help to prevent reinfestation and also heal the skin.

#27 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2011 10:50:51 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Guest wrote:
    After using Ivermectin and Permethrin over and over again I decided to approach this a different way. I also used DE Earth among other things. I knew I was washing everything during and after the treatments only to continue itching and seeing very tiny bite marks. This told me nyphs were still in my skin. I took a warm shower, not hot, remained wet, rubbed table salt from neck to toes and left it on for 10 minutes. You will feel a tingling sensation on the bite sites. This is good. It means the salt is getting into the bites and burrows. I rinsed and then added table salt to the cortizone cream I had been using creating a paste and spread it all over. The salt will fall away but you will not be uncomfortable or even know it is on your skin. I went itch free ALL day! I showered again at night doing the same routine. Again itch free and bite free. The bite marks have dried up, now healing. I put table salt in all my shoes making sure it got under the linings.
    I think the biggest problem has been dilluting everything and not using it as a paste form. Tea tree oil did not get rid of it even when I dapped it on full strength and burned the heck out of my skin. Scabies need fluid and oxygen to survive. The salt dehydrates them and they die. This was way too simple as I have been battling this for months. I did this for 10 days straight to make sure it was not my imagination or hopefullness. I no longer have anymore bites and no itch. My bite wounds are almost completely gone except for the scars left behind.
    I continue to vac every day, change the sheets and wash and dry everything in hot. I freeze what cannot be washed and put in the dryer in the freezer for 48 hours. Not sure I will ever stop doing this for fear they are lurking somewhere.
    There are many variances regarding how long scabies can live away from a host and I am not taking any chances.
    I have not felt this good in months and now I am going to have a life again.
    Try the tables salt routine. I promise you will feel relief the first time you do it and it will just get better every day after.
    Best to you all. This has been the worst infliction I have ever been through and not one I ever want to see return.

Thanks for your very helpful post. I recently met with my dermatologist who said I had cherry angiomas. I did say that they itch particularly at night and I can feel a little pin-prick before looking and seeing the tiny red dots. I now have had them for over 12 months! Did your bites look like this? I have ordered Epsom salts and will try them as a scrub first. The little red marks don't disappear at all. Did yours?
    Jan
    #28 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2011 2:34:02 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• The key is using sulfur cream and soaps. And yes the Epsom salts help a ton as they have sulfate in them so having a bath before bed will calm the itch, relax you and also help heal the skin. The epsom salts are best in conjunction with the sulfur cream as they are what is going to actually kill the scabies and the soaps also help ward off reinfestation which occurs in lots of scabies cases. You need to put major emphasis on the cleaning aspect also!

Hope this helps!

Jan
    Guest from PA
    #29 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2011 3:23:37 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• This is the worst thing I've ever had. Lice 15 years ago was easier to get rid of. I was complaining of itching day and night, tingling, crawling sensation, and occasional pin prick bites. I have still noticed this tingling, crawling sensation and it's worse on my torso when clothed. In addition, my face seem to be worse after applying the Permethrin cream to my body.

The dermatology P.A. did scrapings and microscope viewings and missed it twice. So by the time I figured out what was going on I thought I was going to lose my mind. I had intense night time itching and was rubbing my body from head to toe with vinegar for temporary relief. Then I tried olive oil. I had a few visible red marks not only on my abdominal and thigh area but now on my arms and wrist. As a health care professional/ nurse I dug three adults off my wrist and hand with the use of a scalpel and microscope. They were very difficult to get out. Just as I thought I scraped off the bump, I realized these mites burrowed deeper into my skin. I was able to see the "s" tracks around my wrist and hands. Not sure how the P.A. missed this; however, I had been looking almost daily for 2 months with a microscope before finding them. After digging out the mites and mounting them on slides and with the use of the internet I figured out what I had. Luckily the P.A. called in the Permetherin Cream 5%. The night I found them and day before getting the script I was so desperate that I did a quick lather and rinse with cat flee shampoo. This gave me a fairly good night of rest. The cream application made a great deal of difference. In addition, I did the washing of clothes, sheets, vaccuuming, and bagging of items which I still haven't brought back out. This was 5 months ago.

These mites feel like they have crawled to my eyelashes and irritate even the corner of my eyes and nostrils. I wash my face daily with baby shampoo and I have even used the Permetherin on my face against packaging insert recommended use. I have retreated twice with Permethrin and I'm convinced these mites are resistant. It seems to provide some relief but the red bumps reappear periodically.

In between Permethrin treatments I have use a mixture of 1 cup vinegar with 2 tablespoons of salt which I rub all over my body every morning or night after showering. This has given me the best relief and calms that tickling sensation. In addition I've just started applying Sulfodene (dog treatment) to the red bumps.....usually only have 3 or 4 at a time, and washing with sulfa bar soap made in Mexico which was difficult to find. Not sure about the approval of either. Still feeling desperate and the dermatologist seems clueless. Other patients have been told by the same P.A. that the itching is an allergy, and I know what allergies are and this definitely isn't it. I believe the other two people have scabies and a one a worse case then mine.

Now that I have had scabies, I know the tell-tale red bumps and itching. I have noticed many people with the same skin red bumps and I'm much more aware of all the people are scratching in public. I'm talking about scratching at their torso several times in a short period of time. Not just an occasional itch and scratch but more of digging like with mosquito bites.

I have written to the CDC regarding treatment measures, my multiple failed diagnosis, and the possibility of an epidemic, and drug resistant scabies. They didn't respond to my e-mail but I have noticed a recent update to their site for health care practitioners.

I am going to try someones recommendation for boric acid bathes. I have thought about a boric acid and alcohol solution applied with a cotton ball but haven't tried it yet. I'll let you know how it goes. Any other suggestions? Still don't know what to do with the one eye that has a foreign body sensation at night time and tears. Any ideas? With all the co-pays and misdiagnoses who can afford another doctor visit. Open for suggestions.
    Leonard
    #30 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2011 2:01:22 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• You need to be using sulfur treatments as they are very effective. Yes in most cases permethrin is not working for many people and many people report the permetrhin making the mites go on their face and scalp and in some cases even within their ears and mouth. As you stated you were misdiagnosed which makes the scabies even harder to get rid of since they have a head start, scabies are really good at digging into your skin and creating layers of toxic skin which works as a defense to keep them and their eggs safe. Full body sulfur treatments followed by daytime spot treating and the use of sulfur soaps in the shower will work to fully eradicate the scabies. If you are looking for some kind of relief from the itching you can resort to epsom salt or baking soda baths which will give you peace of mind and help you get some rest. Here is a site that has scabies sprays and sulfur soaps:

Scabies home treatment tricks here

I would also suggest getting some kind of sealed plastic covers for your mattress to ensure your not repeatedly getting re-infested from it.
    #31 Posted : Thursday, December 08, 2011 7:13:47 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Guest wrote:
    Well I am with the one who tried salt...so far. I have just done the treatment. So I will see. But I have gone through tubes of elimite and everything else; tea tree oil, rosemary oil, garlic, turpentine and wax, dog flea shampoo, vaseline...the bites just keep coming back, so I am desperate...I am crossing my fingers.

And let me tell you the doctor who looked at mine hardly looked through the microscope, she said it wasn't scabies, but I picked about ten of them off from me (live) and looking through my jewlry loop, they looked just like the ones shown in pics on the internet. I don't have the adult ones anymore, but the baby ones keep hatching. I feel a needle-like prick and look where it is and I see a raised bump and a black thread-looking speck.

Wish me luck!

R

Scabies are microscopic, you can't pick them off. You have a different mite.
    #32 Posted : Monday, December 12, 2011 8:41:12 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• SULFER is amazing... Its like Forrest Gump... Theirs sulfer baths, sulfer soaps, sulfer lotions and sulfer/petrolatum treatments. I have tried everything that has been said on here whether good or ridiculed and I blame no person for going to extremes to find a cure. Scabies are a life altering experience. I would like to suggest instead of apricot scrubs (which are great) a facial microdermibrasion system used on your infested areas due to a much deeper level of exfoliation. And if you want to do something that really helps and is beneficial after the scabies are gone is an at home microdermibrasion machine. Their is one company that sells one that has attachmwnts for the entire body. SULFER SULFER SULFER. I bought 4 pounds for 8 bucks.. So you can go crazy with it and not have to try and scrimp with it.. ANd it also helps acne, helps promote hair growth and several other useful benefits... runs off snakes too...lol And I hate to ramble but the at home microdermibrasion machine also makes a huge difference in the removing of the scars left behind... Cuts in in over half. I do not know if I can say the brand on here but remember it is the one that comes with attachments for the body...It is the only one that does...And did i mention sulfer?
    #33 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2011 2:02:44 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Pools salt can be bought in 40lb bags for 6$. I get mine from the garden section at walmart. I used about 10 to 15 lbs and a two hour soak the salt burns them out and dehydrates them and the long soak drowns them. If you have bugs large enough to be seen then they may be columbola AKA springtail and snowflea. They will nest in the scalp using selsome blue or a cheap generic and a handful of table salt and leaving on after a bath for about three hours will drive them out, I felt and saw them dragging themself through salty goop and down the side of my face then dropped off and went to wherever they go. I salted my whole house with table salt even my bed and put plastic sheets over the bed and then the regular sheets. Two cups of pool salt and a cup of bleach to laundry kills them off your fabrics. Never bath to much in idionised salt, there is such a thing as idioine posioning.Pool salt is purified and non iodine. To the ones who say salt is harmful. please don,t let the fishing industry find out. LOL! they,ve been working in heavily salt water for many thousands of years. You,re going to make them panic and seafood will either become non existent or so pricy only the Gates family will be enjoying it. Salt heals wounds. You may have to work your way up to as much salt as 15 lbs it will burn the oopen sores and tunnels they make but salt will heal it faster and the burn will lessen and fade. Salting my house drove them out in a week or less. Pour salt on a worm and watch what happens. I even tried a whole 40lb bag once and was intent on a two hour saok. Could not do it, after 40 minutes the burn was to much and I did not have sores by then. Dunk your head and hold breath for as long as you can every few minutes. These to things salting the house (furniture,wet salt the tile floor, under and on funiture and the bathes cured me two years ago. Its not so much about epbson it the salt and how they react to it. I tiny cup to a bath will not do anything.
    #34 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2012 12:00:03 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• There is a big difference between table salts and epsom salts. One is that table salts will likely damage your skin where epsom salts will actually heal your skin or make it more healthy so stick with the epsom salts!

#35 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 10:56:46 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Guest wrote:

There is a big difference between table salts and epsom salts. One is that table salts will likely damage your skin where epsom salts will actually heal your skin or make it more healthy so stick with the epsom salts!

Table salts are only harmful if its Idionised. The salt in ebsons is the same as table salt thats non idionised. Iodion posining can happen with idionised salt. So what in ebsons that so wonderful against scabbies, awnser abdolultly nothing. Its salt man simple and pure.
    Guestgreg
    #36 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:05:04 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• i am going threw this mess ,and i just tried the table salt hot bath and rubbed all over head to toe skin turning white and flaky getting real dry going to rinse off now after 20minutes but i am not itching and if this works a lot of these bloggers seem to have something to loose money and dr. pride all that education what a waste pennacillian very simple dr. over annalyze and dont listen they here yoou but dont listen all they woory about is paying off thier loans and ins. premmiums i went to the dr. and he gave me that per stuff 50 dollars for one app and a week later i got all kind of new marks and itching even on hydroczine so i am trying this simple and cheap method and for salt hurting your body when you sweat you get salt on your body and we still live that is if you are a real worker like construction wkr we sweat all the day even in the winter time so dont critisize untill you try or observe someone who is trying will let you no the results in a day or two gregShame on you Shame on you
    #37 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 6:29:43 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Salt unfortunately will not kill scabies as they are very tough to kill and even when using proper scabies treatments it can be difficult as they move to different areas of the skin or burrow deeper. You can however use Epsom salts which you can find at any pharmacy and use them in a bath in the morning and evening using a full cup in warm water, this will help subside the itching and help your skin heal by bringing your skin down to its original layer and helping surface the dead mites and their debris.

You have 4 options when it comes to killing scabies and those are Permethrin creams, sulfur cream, Malathon and oral medication. Lindane once was an option but it has been discontinued in most countries due to it being potentially dangerous.
    Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
    New Topic Post Reply