scabies treatment
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

New Topic Post Reply

Get Started Register free and see all scabies posts and threads! Also ensure you read the Scabies treatment guide here for scabies treatment instructions. Have a scabies question? Simply ask it and someone within the community will surely answer it!

Dont over shower Options · View
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2009 3:46:19 PM Quote

Do not attempt to overshow in order to quickly get over post scabies. Your skin needs the locked in moisture , showering constantly will only dry your skin out and make post scabies sympotms even worse. Your skin needs to be moisturized during the post scabies period to help skin repair and become healthy again.

Sponsor  

scabies treatment

#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2009 10:22:16 AM Quote

Yes I found myself constantly showering because of paranoia and eventually it made my skin worse. my doctor said because the skin needs a certain ph level to fight against infection and heal skin during post scabies. Take care of your skin in post scabies it is very important or the conditions and side effects of post scabies will continue on much longer.

#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2009 3:40:09 PM Quote
Screw this! I dont care how dry my skin gets, I am going to make sure these things never get on me again. This i will start with 10 showwers a day and mite evne go up to 20 a day. And if this doesnt work , I will just make a bath and live in the bath. The war is on scabies !

#4 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2009 2:19:22 PM Quote

Yeah you will likely have post scabies exzeema already so why you would be showering all day when that would put your skin on more strain, your best mouisturizing your skin and bathing in epsome salts then using skin exfoliator creams to work out the dead scabies mites and their debris so your skin can heal from the scabies during post scabies.

#5 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2010 8:19:46 AM Quote

What about taking baths, can you take like 2 a day for an hour? Or will this be too much for your skin and post scabies? Or should I just be bathing at night time since that is when scabies are most active? Hopefully it will drown or smoother some?

thanx
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 03, 2010 6:35:41 AM Quote

You can take two baths a day and it will not damage your skin too much. The thing is with post scabies your skin is very sensitive as it is dealing with the mites and the debris under your skin which is causing allergic reactions and on top of that during this time you want your skin to stay moist so that it retains its health which will allow itself to repair. So if your showering like 10 times a day your likely stripping your skin of its moisture which ultimately is not helping your skin repair itself in post scabies. Take care of your skin during this period!

Debra
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:06:07 AM Quote

You shouldn't also moisturize your skin too much as well as your skin needs to breath and not be clogged. Some people overdo the moisturizing thing and make their skin worse during post scabies or scabies treatment. It is important to understand both the scabies life cycle and your skin.

#8 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2012 12:57:44 PM Quote

Moisturize your skin lots after scabies treatment but do not apply heavily so you are clogging your pores. It is also good to take baths with epsom salts they help lots. I know first hand!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply