scabies treatment
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

New Topic Post Reply

Get Started Register free and see all scabies posts and threads! Also ensure you read the Scabies treatment guide here for scabies treatment instructions. Have a scabies question? Simply ask it and someone within the community will surely answer it!

How long does post scabies last if had scabies for 6 months Options · View
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 10:59:41 AM Quote

Scabies Treatment Resources

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• had scabies for about 6 months before treatment (thought it was eczema) how long will pose scabies last?
    Sponsor  

scabies treatment

Marie
    #2 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:11:45 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• If the scabies treatment was sucesful I would say up to another 6 months maximum for your skin to surface all the debris and dead mites which causes the skin to itch. This is only if the scabies treatment was sucesful. You will start feeling better day by day eventually as the itching fades. Many people have their scabies misdiagnosed with eczema simply because it takes weeks typically for scabies to show real signs and itching. Many people who go to a doctor only have mild itching in one area (typically the hands) and a few lessions or dry spots, and doctors will just write it off as a case of eczema and write you up a prescription for some kind of hydrocortisone cream.

Good Luck
    #3 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 11:00:17 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• I used Premethrin twice 7 days apart and cleaned and washed everything..then for the next 8 weeks drove myself crazy. I was sure I still had them, went to my doctor he said that he didn't think I did but to see a Dermatologist..I waited, then one day I thought I was having a breakdown from these things ..I had been washing and cleaning everyday..tired and down in the dumps I called and made an appointment with the Derm. He looked at me with a small glass and said there was nothing alive on me..he said I needed to break the itch cycle..so with a prescription of steroid cream I went home and started using the cream. Within two days the itch stopped but I used the cream the two weeks he told me to. So be careful not to waste 8 weeks of your life over using meds that keep the itch and marks going..see a Dermatologist and follow directions.. don't do all the crazy things some of these posts tell you to..Treat with the meds your Doctor gave you and then follow directions!!!!!!

Bev
    #4 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 12:41:44 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• I agree, the permethrin creams will just make your skin worse and even more itchier for months, I had the exact same problem until I started using sulfur treatments and cocoa butter to help repair and heal the skin. The problem lies with the dead mites and scabies fecal matter under the skin, it makes you itch like crazy even during post scabies until your skin surfaces all this stuff. The longer you have scabies the longer all this is goiin to take to heal, but you can do things the rite way and avoid alot of the itching down the road.

With live active scabies you will feel the difference in itching. The active scabies itchign is more prominant during the evening hours and can be characteristic of a buzzing kinda itch rather than normal itching.

Hope this helps

Bev

#5 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 8:56:59 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• I discovered I had scabies about two months after itching. I got it from my dog (whoever says you can't is WRONG). The vet misdiagnosed it in my dog first and then I learned I had it by putting coconut oil and tea tree all over and saw little tiny tiny black bugs pop out of my skin all over (i saw about 10 the first time I did this).

I got the perm cream and did it two times, a week apart. I also used alternative methods (neem oil, tea tree, diatomaceous earth, coconut oil, olive oil, peroxide). I am still itching like a mad person. It's awful. After reading a ton of posts, I decided that I was post-scabies today. But then tonight, i started itching around 6pm again. I did the coconut oil and tea tree all over and had like 7 or 8 bugs pop out, some between my fingers (the web part). They are so small you cant tell if they are dead or alive.

So two questions:

Does post scabies only itch at night also? does it mimick the itch the same way?

And if this is post scabies, would the bugs be surfacing in reaction to coconut oil smeared over my skin and coming up to surface? Or can a dead mite surface from the oil too? Another words, the mites that came out of my body tonight, would that happen if i was post scabies??

Help im going bonkers with this awful disease!
    Mary
    #6 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 9:38:59 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Dogs can be a carrier of scabies but they will move off the dog as a host as they prefer a human host and cant live very long on dog skin. Post scabies will itch during the day time and stuff as it is allergies your skin is having to the dead mites and the fecal matter left behind. I would suggest treating with sulfur soaps as they work to kill scabies and exfoliate your skin which will take away the itchiness quicker. Here is the site to get scabies creams and soaps:

Scabies home treatment tips here

Hope this helps!

#7 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2012 9:00:47 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Has anyone else noticed that their post scabies symptoms get worse after drinking alot of alcohol the night before? This seems to be the case with me. wondering if i should stop drinking for a while or if its just a coincidence
    #8 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 5:42:20 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Uhh ya... I noticed this plus other things such as if you have lots of sugar or items containing sugar the symptoms and itching become worse. I also noticed weather makes thigns worse also if its snowing or raining the moisture I beleive makes the scabies or the itching worse even in post scabies. I would refrain from drinking alcohol and think about changing your diet until your in the clear of scabies.

Good luck!
    Tony H
    #9 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 12:07:48 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• I think if you have had scabies for 6 months undiagnosed it would likely take you up to 6months to treat the infection and then up to 6 months of post scabies conditions. This is why it is important to treat scabies immediately because they breed and get harder to kill as you have to kill the entire mites lifecycle which after 6 months is probably pretty advanced. Also traditional scabies lotions may not work and penetrate your skin so you will likely need products that contain sulfur.

Guest22
    #10 Posted : Monday, March 05, 2012 9:30:03 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• During "post-scabies", has anyone experienced random blisters on their fingers like two or three times a week. My last treatment was Jan 1st and I still itch some on my bottom after sitting in school all day,but I haven't seen any new red dots on my waist,creases of elbows or wrist. I still get a few raised bumps after scratching but I am able to sleep through the night. I know everybody's experiences are different, but I'm thinking about going back to the doctors and I hate when they say I don't have anything,like I'm imagining things.
    #11 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 5:03:58 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Yes these are normal and not an indication of active scabies but they are appearing because of the dryness of your skin and damage from both the scabies mites and the treatment. In some cases you will even see water blister type of things popup but they generally go away very quickly.
    #12 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2012 11:25:37 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• I'm recuperating from scabies. The itching is beyond comparison; I used every over the counters meds on the shelf to relieve the itching. Finally, giving up I went to the doctor where I was diagnosed. I had scabies on my genital area, both inner thighs, hands,wrist, shoulder, buttocks, and elbows. The doctor treated me with Permethrin cream. I used moth balls around my bed, completely sprayed the box spring and mattress with bleach/water, tied pillows in bags for 7-10 days to kill whatever mite that were living on them. Benadryl with no die worked for the itching and taking hot showers and tea tree oil to kill those little bastards, heal sores from scratching, and soothe the itching. I'm covered in scabs, but, treat them with cocoa butter.
    it's been three weeks, since, my treatment and I'm finally feeling better.
    Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
    New Topic Post Reply