scabies treatment
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

New Topic Post Reply

Get Started Register free and see all scabies posts and threads! Also ensure you read the Scabies treatment guide here for scabies treatment instructions. Have a scabies question? Simply ask it and someone within the community will surely answer it!

advice would be appreciated Options · View
helpless
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 10:35:36 AM Quote

Scabies Treatment Resources

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• I'm in dire need of someone to talk to about this and I don't know if I'm at the wrong thread, I'm completely new to this. I'm literally at the end of my tether, I cannot take this anymore, I sometimes think about if there is any point me even living like this. I'm in my first year of uni, I long to be care free again. It's hard to even think straight and do any real work. I caught scabies from a flatmate who has been really very unsympathetic about what has happened. It's so hard not to be bitter. I have done several treatments, the last being over a week ago. I still have this awful itch and am considering the bleach treatment. Mentally, I'm a wreck. I'm in pieces. I have only one person I fully trust at uni and she is great. I just feel like there's nothing to live for. To make matters worse, I finally realy like someone and things are looking great, I woudln't consider anything till I am done with with these mites, I would not wish this upon anyone. Sorry to ramble on a bit but I really needed to let this all out and talk to people who have been through similar experiences. Please help me out, I don't think I can take much more, doctors don't seem to be of much help. Thanks.
    Sponsor  

scabies treatment

Deb
    #2 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 11:56:08 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Just remain persistant and things will continue to get better day by day. Scabies is really really annoying and causes sleep and stress problems, try taking alot of vitamin b12 or b6 as this is good for stress. I would also suggest taking long baths in epsom salts to help ease the itching and heal you skin. How long did you have scabies for before you were diagnosed? What treatments did you try? Does your skin feel thick like their is an extra layer? What areas are you experiencing the most scabies itching and lessions. These questions could help us see more where your at in terms of your scabies infection.

timmy
    #3 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 3:26:15 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• I know how you feel, sometimes i feel so overwhelmed with the whole thing. like this is never going to end, i dont want to hang out with my friends cuz i fear that im going to infect them. I just want my life back. I am trying to be strong and positive but sometimes it gets to me. How can you not be paranoid after this is all over. I think about how careless in a sense ive been with sharing or touching the same things as other people and after seeing how easily this is transmitted its a bit scary. But we will prevail. we are the life force, and something will work. we will make it. try to remind urself that u can do this and enjoy the small battles u win against these horrible creatures. my friend got it from me and i feel horrible cuz i didnt even know i had it at first. but try to get a routine of cleaning and santizing down. thats my best suggestion. put everything in plastic. store most of ur clothes and everything in plastic containers for a week or so, cuz they need u to survive. Use borox in your laundry, and make sure u doing all ur laundry in high heat and hot boiling water. Also use diluted bleach to wipe down everything. i like using the bleach wipes because its easier for the small things u touch. make sure u wash ur floors as well. Basically everything. bendryl for sleeping and try the sulfur treatment. everyone seems to be having better results with that. bleach is a last ditch effort. good luck
    Josh
    #4 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:16:28 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Well you are being smart by not hanging around with your friends anymore on chance you may infect them again. Yeah scabies will change your life and how you live your life thats forsure, you will likely be more aware of your surroundings, people and things you touch. I agree about the small battle part it seems it is a battle each and every day. Anyways I am seeing better results now that I am using the sulfur also, I put it on at night and spot treat during the day and it is definetely working.

Preeti
    #5 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:27:35 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• [b]What kind of regime are you doing with the sulfur. do u wash with the soap, put on the cream in the morning. and then at night wash again, take the bath with the drops and then the cream again? what have u been washing ur hair with? sorry i just got the stuff yesterday and i want to make sure im doing it right. I know how you both feel, ive stopped hanging out with my friends for now until this over. Sometimes im calm and I can handle it, and sometimes i get a bit freaked out and feel like its never going to be over. And its really hard for people who arent infected to understand how much this is messing with you mentally. Im not going to shop at regular stores any more, i order stuff online and then wash it before wearing it. Im about to just make myself a home gym after all this. I dont want to unnecessarily share the same stuff with people anymore. U cant trust it.
    #6 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:49:07 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• I use the sulfur bars of soap with a loofah whenever I shower or bath. I typically spot treat on more problem areas and places with thicker skin during the daytime (spot treating) and then again about 30minutes after a bath at night after my skin drys I would put it on more full body. You can use the sulfur soap on your scalp as well. Making a home gym is very smart idea considering public places are typically where scabies is picked up. I would also suggest getting epsom salts and put about 3/4 of a cup in a warm bath each night for 30minutes or more. This will help your skin heal and surface out the scabies mites and their debris during post scabies.

Preeti
    #7 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 6:13:26 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• I got a loofah so ill start using it with the soap, I feel like im gettin less and less bitten up. i really wish this would go away sooner. How did you guys stay optimistic and not get so down about it?
    #8 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 6:18:36 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• It is pretty tough but just remember all the little wars you are winning and things positive you are doing will add up. Day by day eventually things will start getting better and better and eventually your scabies will be gone. The key is learning about the scabies mite lifecycle and doing everything you can to stop it.

Preeti
    #9 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 6:43:57 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• It just gets so overwhelming, I feel like i never can really relax cuz its always on my mind.
    #10 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:38:51 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• whats their lifecycle?
    helpless
    #11 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 11:16:42 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• thanks everyone for your advice, I really am determined to fight this but it just gets more difficult. I am sure I've had scabies since October/November time. I'm unsure if I'm going through post scabies as I have did several treatments (the last being Derbac M nearly 2 weeks ago and i Have 3/4 of a container left). And I've did all I possibly could in terms of laundry and bedding. It has been difficult though as I was between uni and home. My skin has dry red patches (at my armpits) and i found a large spot, much like a pimple (which i've never seen during scabies) along with a few bumps with raised red heads. I was never really bad in terms of my skin reaction to scabies other than being itchy. I am still itchy. I'm unsure if this is what most people feel but for me the itching is nothing compared to what I'm going through mentally. I will elaborate about the situation with my flatmate. He had been undiagnosed for around nine months but when he discovered he had scabies he only told a select few of the people we live with. I then noticed bumps on me, despite not having been particularly close with him. What really affects me is this - Despite my family telling me to keep away and calling him every name under the sun, I would check up on him, see how his situation was. I do everything within my control to avoid passing this horrible thing on to anyone, I don't even go out at night anymore with flatmates. My flatmate on the other hand walks around bare feet, holds hands and hugs those living with us. I've gave up asking him how he is getting on, since it was always me, he never ever bothered about how this has affected me or my family. I obviously began thinking it was not his fault, but he is doing nothing to help the situation. I'm living with him next year and I really do not want to get rid of scabies only for it to come back again. I hate to sound bitter but mentally, this is tearing me apart. i've heard of taking bleach baths but surely this is dangerous?
    #12 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 11:37:45 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• honestly speaking, you need to move out of there if you want to get better. if he isnt going nuts trying to get everything cleaned and prevent infestation like you. you really should move cuz otherwise your never going to get better if he continues to do these things. btw bleach baths are horrible for your skin. try the sulfur stuff. there are links all on this site for it
    Felix
    #13 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 2:10:07 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Definetely sounds like a more severe case of scabies as you have had it for months your skin is probably thicker and the mites have an easier time surviving treatments. You should try treating with sulfur and spot treat during the daytime also on the areas that are more affected. The longer you go misdiagnosed with scabies the longer it takes to heal and also post scabies as you will have more stuff under your skin that triggers allergies which trigger that itching feeling. Use sulfur and lots of it! It also helps to loofah your skin in post scabies in circular motions as this helps surface stuff quicker.

Felix
    #14 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 12:30:59 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Guest wrote:
    I'm in dire need of someone to talk to about this and I don't know if I'm at the wrong thread, I'm completely new to this. I'm literally at the end of my tether, I cannot take this anymore, I sometimes think about if there is any point me even living like this. I'm in my first year of uni, I long to be care free again. It's hard to even think straight and do any real work. I caught scabies from a flatmate who has been really very unsympathetic about what has happened. It's so hard not to be bitter. I have done several treatments, the last being over a week ago. I still have this awful itch and am considering the bleach treatment. Mentally, I'm a wreck. I'm in pieces. I have only one person I fully trust at uni and she is great. I just feel like there's nothing to live for. To make matters worse, I finally realy like someone and things are looking great, I woudln't consider anything till I am done with with these mites, I would not wish this upon anyone. Sorry to ramble on a bit but I really needed to let this all out and talk to people who have been through similar experiences. Please help me out, I don't think I can take much more, doctors don't seem to be of much help. Thanks.

I believe that cured myself of scabies by putting one cup and a half of boric acid in a 2 gallon pot full of water and then bringing it to a boil. Then I poured the contents into my bath water. I put a cup of dandruff shampoo containing zinc pyrithione into my bath water. The bath water was very hot. I took a bath for about fifteen minutes. That's all I could take because it stings. Afterward, after I dried off, I painted the affected area with a diluted water solution containing povidone iodine. The next day I took a bath of water with two table spoons of boric acid, a cup of vinegar, and one quarter of a cup of dandruff shampoo containing zinc pyrithione. So far so good.
    #15 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 12:44:38 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Guest wrote:
    Guest wrote:
    I'm in dire need of someone to talk to about this and I don't know if I'm at the wrong thread, I'm completely new to this. I'm literally at the end of my tether, I cannot take this anymore, I sometimes think about if there is any point me even living like this. I'm in my first year of uni, I long to be care free again. It's hard to even think straight and do any real work. I caught scabies from a flatmate who has been really very unsympathetic about what has happened. It's so hard not to be bitter. I have done several treatments, the last being over a week ago. I still have this awful itch and am considering the bleach treatment. Mentally, I'm a wreck. I'm in pieces. I have only one person I fully trust at uni and she is great. I just feel like there's nothing to live for. To make matters worse, I finally realy like someone and things are looking great, I woudln't consider anything till I am done with with these mites, I would not wish this upon anyone. Sorry to ramble on a bit but I really needed to let this all out and talk to people who have been through similar experiences. Please help me out, I don't think I can take much more, doctors don't seem to be of much help. Thanks.

I believe that cured myself of scabies by putting one cup and a half of boric acid in a 2 gallon pot full of water and then bringing it to a boil. Then I poured the contents into my bath water. I put a cup of dandruff shampoo containing zinc pyrithione into my bath water. The bath water was very hot. I took a bath for about fifteen minutes. That's all I could take because it stings. Afterward, after I dried off, I painted the affected area with a diluted water solution containing povidone iodine. The next day I took a bath of water with two table spoons of boric acid, a cup of vinegar, and one quarter of a cup of dandruff shampoo containing zinc pyrithione. So far so good.

Also I want to mention that after I bathed, I rinsed off with just plain water, getting the soap and boric acid off of my body.

Wash your infested clothing with boric acid to kill the scabies mites and their eggs.

By the way, I read that scabies mites have a waxy substance on their bodies that protect them, and that boric acid (and borax to a lesser extent) is the only substance that will break down that waxy substance.

#16 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 2:22:48 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Guest wrote:
    Guest wrote:
    Guest wrote:

Also I want to mention that after I bathed, I rinsed off with just plain water, getting the soap and boric acid off of my body.

Wash your infested clothing with boric acid to kill the scabies mites and their eggs.

By the way, I read that scabies mites have a waxy substance on their bodies that protect them, and that boric acid (and borax to a lesser extent) is the only substance that will break down that waxy substance.

Afterward, the area will oose a clear liquid which dries and become hard. I think it is white blood cells trying to repair the damaged area. I use extra virginal olive oil as a lubricant to keep the area from drying. It seems to working okay with no itching.
    Carla
    #17 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 7:53:21 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Try using epsom salt baths during the evening it will help to keep your skin soft and helps make the skin non allergic. I would take a bath each night for 30-40 mins soaking in 1 full cup of epsom salts, and by time I got out I felt great and could get a good nights sleep. Keep in mind this is just used for post scabies and does not kill scabies but aide in the healing of your skin. I would also suggest using sulfur soaps with an loofah for a few weeks following scabies treatment.

D
    #18 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2011 1:09:35 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• hello helpless I was doing some of my own research and I happened across you posting.I cant imagine taking on uni and this ,my heart goes out 2 you. Try to take a deep breath and remember this will come 2 pass. You will get better. I've been going threw this a long time and I'm coming out the other side after a very long battle. But my circumstances were extreme. When I first got this I also had a skin infection in my hands from straching so much when I slept. So I had that to deal with. What was misdiagnosed as eczema Ha Ha. So the mighty Doctor (specialist)- He's special alright) prescribed topical and oral steroids for my condition. This is the number one know-know for someone with scabies (steroids). 1 they mask whats really going on and they wipe out the immune system. I finally realized what was happening, that the Doctor was a fool who doesn't have a clue. So here I was with a scabies, and a bacterial infection in my hand's.My hands were twice the size they should have been and it was really scary for awhile.When I made the desicion to walk away from that medicine and and treat it with the right medicine. I Know this is real hard for right now and there is lots of Doctors that really don't have a clue cause all the meds the have learned about are failing.There is broad spectrim resistance to many pathogins in the world now. There is also alot of websites claiming cures.Most of it is a scam.Thus I'm broke. It was a long road to recovery but I learned so much from going threw all of this. You mentioned salt baths, I personally use epsom salts
    ( magnesium Sulfate) which can be purchased at a locol feed store for very cheap. I can only tell you what I do but I found that a cup or 2 of salt is wasting my time. I use a ton of salt. And I have to be in there at least an hour. Nizorale shampoo has been a life saver for me I use it as a shampoo body wash in the shower. I leave it sudsing all over me for at least 10 min. Drip dry as much as I can after a quick rinsing off. Enzymes are right up there with nizorale.When I shower or use enzymes I use a stratch pad instead of a wash cloth. I found it way,way more effective then anything else. I use it the same as if I was using exfoliating gloves.I do keep my nails short and scrape under and around them.I also put medication under the nails. So important. When I get a chance I soak the hands and feet.
    Sorry for going on so long about me.
    Heres the point of that long dialogue.
    I'm getting better and you will get better.
    Its just knowing wich meds really work and being persistant.
    I also take vitamins and minerals to boost my immune system.
    Some of the most important are C, Bs, Arginine and Cysteine (NAC) to be more precise. I drink different Teas and tintures such as Goldenseal (to cleanse the liver).
    I could send you a 10 page list of all the products that claim to work that don't. But its alot eaiser to tell you what has worked(life saving at times). Boy there was some dark days I had to get threw. And I so get it when I here people say there at there ropes end and just don't know how to go on.
    Better days ahead-forsure.
    It will get better and one day be just a memorie. D
    Carl
    #19 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2011 6:32:42 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• I agree with most of what your saying, I noticed once I cleaned my diet up and started taking vitamins daily that I was healing faster. I eventually got rid of my scabies using sulfur cream and soaps also. I noticed when I would eat lots of sugars I would itch alot more and things seemed to be worse, soon as I started using the sulfur soaps and changing my diet day by day I was feeling alot better and I was eventually cured. I am not sure I used permethrin products twice in the initial weeks and they made me feel worse and did not kill the scabies, the box said something like effective in most cases which seems pretty suspicious they could atleast provde a succession rate instead of just saying most cases. Anyways I would just stick to using sulfur as it is 100% effective and also natural and has been used for centuries to heal skin mites and is also used to this date for cases of extreme acne as sulfur contains skin healing properties.

#20 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 9:42:59 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• I find that using a loofah in post scabies is helping my skin heal faster as it is exfoliating it faster. Just don't try to use it around areas with lesions as it will only disrupt the area and make the lesions worse!

You can also apply baby oil to your skin very lightly after your shower or bath and like exfoliating avoid areas with lesions.

Sharon
    #21 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 3:16:31 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Scabies can be very difficult and emotional roller coaster for some as things slowly get better day by day, some days you feel good other days worse. There are some things you can do though to help you get rid of scabies and post scabies faster.

Here is a good read of a similar treatment method I used:

Scabies Home Treatment Scabies Story

This should help you out and get you on the right path. Remember it is also good to start cleaning up your diet as the more healthier you are inside the easier it will be to treat the sacbies! Also try taking baths nightly to help open up your pores and any areas of the skin which are thicker from the scabies, they create some kind of toxic layer of skin which works to protect them and their eggs.

Good luck!
    Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
    New Topic Post Reply