scabies treatment
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

New Topic Post Reply

Get Started Register free and see all scabies posts and threads! Also ensure you read the Scabies treatment guide here for scabies treatment instructions. Have a scabies question? Simply ask it and someone within the community will surely answer it!

please help me!! Options · View
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 6:01:10 PM Quote
I got scabies when i was down in central america about 4 months ago.
for the first few weeks i was under the impression it was something completely different, and it wasnt until about a month of having it that i actually went to the doctor. i was prescribed a pill to take then and then seven days later, it did absolutely nothing.
Now i am back in canada, i have used two different types of cream presribed by doctors that do nothing, so ive been trying some natural remedies but i am still suffering!! I wash all mu clothes, towels and bedsheets after one use, vaccum my mattress and carpet everyday, i take tea tree oil baths combined with putting tea tree directly on my skin. ive used garlic directly, zinc powder, everything!! someone please help me, i am so sick of plotting my every move around ym scabies, not to mention id like to finally be able to sleep in the same bed as the guy i am seeing! someone help, im becoming depressed.
Sponsor  

scabies treatment

#2 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 6:05:56 PM Quote
hey sorry, i also wanted to add, when i first started to use tea tree oil i was so excited cause it really looked like it was working. the scabies disappeared from my arm pits, then one morning i woke up and my stomach was covered in bites! same situation with the zinc powder.
another weird things is i dont find my scabies itchy at all.. i think ive only been annoyed by itchyness once or twice, dont know if that is relevant or not....
Pam
#3 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 5:26:59 AM Quote

Yeah tea tree oil will only mask scabies, it really only makes the itch go away. I found it good to put on spots directly that were itching tons but after awhile I noticed it only masked the scabies and it was still spreading. You are going to want to use sulfur treatments to kill scabies as they are 100% effective. There are banners on this site that sell the sulfur, that is how I got cured quickly. Permethrin treatments have a hard time penetrating the skin and this is why they tend not to work, plus its a pesticide which is never good to put on your skin. Scabies sulfur treatments heal your skin faster too.

Hope this Helps

Pam
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 8:22:25 PM Quote
I actually went to Europe in December, and I really am not sure where exactly I got the scabies. First I traveled to Italy, then I went to many hotels in Germany, then to France. But anyway, I know I got them there, because that's where the itch began. The itch just started under my buttocks, on the folding between my leg. I thought of it as nothing, maybe my skin was dry. Then I began to notice that my butt crack began to itch. And slowly, or I should rather say FASTLY it began to spread. I got back from Europe January 6th, and immediately I searched and came out with SCABIES. That was the only answer to this.

BUT I was not going to let this control my life. I've had experience with having itching infections since I was in 5th grade. My first one was on my feet One day when I was a Freshman, my mom put bleach and all this other crap on me, and VOILA! the itch went away. That itch that I spent years with went away. My mom was a genius! After that, I began itching on my vagina and surroundings (btw, excuse me for all this info, but I think it will really help people) And I used the same thing; bleach and this other that liquid she had made before, since she still had some.

Well, now, a college student, I do not have my mom's secret recipe, but I did know that I could kill them will acid and bleach :) I was not going to let them control me. You see, I see these little critters as people. They're just there bugging you, literally. They want to control your life, because they do. They don't let you concentrate because they itch so much. But anywho, I'm sure you want to know what I did. So I'll move on.

This is what I used:

Bleach
Hot Shot Bed Bug and Flea Spray (It cost me $6 at Walmart)
Top Care Hydrocortisone 1% Cream (To soothe itching after it dried. Didn't really use it though)

This is what I DID:
I washed ALL my clothes and put them to dry VERY well to kill anything that was there.
While that was happening, I went to take a shower. Here was my process:
I filled a regular water bottle half way with water and a little halfway with bleach. I washed myself regularly, but after scrubbing myself, I poured the water bottle ALL over my body, not just the infected area, just in case they're crawling somewhere we can't feel them yet. Wash the folds of your body, EVERYWHERE. Now, if you have open wounds, I'm sorry to say this, but it's going to hurt like a mofo. But just see it this way; you're killing the mofos! A little pain won't kill you.

Now, after you're done with that, dry yourself with a clean towel. Do not dress in anything that you wore before showering. Put anything you had to wash. Now, before changing, spray the bed bug spray all over the clothes you'll be wearing. inside, everywhere. Once you're done with that, you spray YOURSELF. Yes, yourself. As I mentioned before, It will hurt if you have open wounds (I had them) But oh well. Just spray some on your hands and rub it all around. Put your clothes on and begin to spray your bed. Remember to wash bed covers! Spray the matress first, then put your sheets and spray those, then cover, and so on. spray all around the room where you think you might have scabies. Spray all clothes just in case.

Everytime you change, remember to spray yourself and the clothes. Never use a towel twice. and if you do, spray it before hand.

How long did I do this for? For a week or so. Did it work? YES. I don't have scabies, thank god! You will still have a little itching afterward, because your body is still allergic to the eggs they left, but it will go away. I really recommend you do this. I know there's a lot of people who will say "uhm that's dangerous, read the label"
Yes, I read the label, and it's not like i did it for years. I had the feet infection for 5 years and my mom removed it in one day. Now you tell me, you want to try all these $100 products and let them fail, or you want to try something that is strong and get rid of it soon?

Good luck to those :) And remember, don't let them control you!!
Carl
#5 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 3:27:05 PM Quote

Never use bleach on your skin! That is like the worst thing you can do as it will strip the layer of your skin that protects your skin, this will just cause secondary skin infections and bacterial problems. You need to use sulfur when curing scabies and not be doing something this extreme and dangerous.

Marianne
#6 Posted : Friday, April 01, 2011 8:54:24 AM Quote

Yeah the permethrin creams did not kill my scabies either :( I tried using Nix and the Kwelleda P on 4 different occasions and followed the directions to a T. I am normally a clean finatic so the cleaning and laundering was done hourly and I still could not get rid of them. I am just about to start my sulphur treatments and have been assured it will work as it is 100% effective on scabies mites and even on bird and rat mites. The funny thing was that permethrin chemical just made me more itchier and even made me feel sick and nautious. Well I will come back later and post how things are going and update everyone on my progress with this scabies infection. Hopefully it will be over soon.

God Bless

Marianne

#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 2:31:04 PM Quote
Guest wrote:
I got scabies when i was down in central america about 4 months ago.
for the first few weeks i was under the impression it was something completely different, and it wasnt until about a month of having it that i actually went to the doctor. i was prescribed a pill to take then and then seven days later, it did absolutely nothing.
Now i am back in canada, i have used two different types of cream presribed by doctors that do nothing, so ive been trying some natural remedies but i am still suffering!! I wash all mu clothes, towels and bedsheets after one use, vaccum my mattress and carpet everyday, i take tea tree oil baths combined with putting tea tree directly on my skin. ive used garlic directly, zinc powder, everything!! someone please help me, i am so sick of plotting my every move around ym scabies, not to mention id like to finally be able to sleep in the same bed as the guy i am seeing! someone help, im becoming depressed.

I believe that I cured myself of scabies by putting one cup and a half of boric acid in a 2 gallon pot full of water and then bringing it to a boil. Then I poured the contents into my bath water. I put a cup of dandruff shampoo containing zinc pyrithione into my bath water. The bath water was very hot. I took a bath for about fifteen minutes. That's all I could take because it stings. Afterward, after I dried off, I painted the affected area with a diluted water solution containing povidone iodine. The next day I took a bath of water with two table spoons of boric acid, a cup of vinegar, and one quarter of a cup of dandruff shampoo containing zinc pyrithione. So far so good.

Also I want to mention that after I bathed, I rinsed off with just plain water, getting the soap and boric acid off of my body.

Wash your infested clothing with boric acid to kill the scabies mites and their eggs.

By the way, I read that scabies mites have a waxy substance on their bodies that protect them, and that boric acid (and borax to a lesser extent) is the only substance that will break down that waxy substance.

Afterward, the area will oose a clear liquid which dries and become hard. I think it is white blood cells trying to repair the damaged area. I use extra virginal olive oil as a lubricant to keep the area from drying. It seems to working okay with no itching.
Beth
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 5:26:51 PM Quote

I have never heard of this once and it clearly sounds dangerous or a desperate attempt to kill them. You should just use sulfur which is 100% effective and safe as it is natural and been used for centuries to kill scabies. The scabies do create a toxic film layer of skin to protect themselves and their eggs, this is why you see the scaley-dry skin. Scabies are very hard to eradicate but using things such as boric acid or bleach to kill them is just going to damage your skin even more.

Beth

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply