scabies treatment
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

New Topic Post Reply

Get Started Register free and see all scabies posts and threads! Also ensure you read the Scabies treatment guide here for scabies treatment instructions. Have a scabies question? Simply ask it and someone within the community will surely answer it!

Baby Oil Baths Options · View
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2009 6:32:17 PM Quote

Do not use baby oil to bath in, first I thought this would be a great idea for drowning the Scabies or for moisturizing my skin in post scabies , but the reality is it will clog your pores and make the acne type markings even worse and harder to get rid of. If your going to use any kind of oil in your bath use 10 drops of tea tree oil this will help exfoliate the skin and kill infection at the same time. I suggest using moisturizers after your baths such as cocoa butter or any type of vaseline moisturizer.

Sponsor  

scabies treatment

#2 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2009 7:19:37 PM Quote

Lavendar Oil is great to bath in, just using 7-10 drops it is very relaxing. Throw in some epsom salts and that should help you.

Kim
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 4:14:18 AM Quote

I am not a fan of using baby oil in post scabies. It was just too messy and stinky. I am a huge fan of cocoa butter, this is what helped my skin regain its moisture in the post scabies. I also bathed just using epsom salts and a bit of baking soda. Baking soda does something to your skinds ph levels which will ease the itching sensation, and obviously epsom salts is good for skin period and even better in post scabies.

Vic
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2009 2:12:48 PM Quote

Baby oil is great for the skin in post scabies! You are clearly using way to much of it, all you need is like 5-8 drops per bath, anymore then that and yes you will be clogging your pores and skin. You do not need much baby oil when rubbing the skin down as well!

#5 Posted : Sunday, July 04, 2010 7:55:14 AM Quote

I had the same problem as I was using it in the bath then afterwards applying it to my skin, I think if you just use 5-8 drops in a bath and dont apply it directly to your skin then it is going to benefit your skin in post scabies, but if you are constantly applying it to your skin it is basically going to clog your pores and create more problematic skin. You want to be healing your skin in post scabies not giving it more problems to deal with.

#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2012 5:34:13 AM Quote

I would suggest epsom salt baths instead of baby oil baths as you are taking a chance of the baby oil clogging your pores and making some areas that were infected with scabies even worse. If you are trying to moisturize try using cocoa butter only on areas without any signs of scabies and make sure you only apply very light layers evenly so you avoid clogging your pores.
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2013 6:11:32 AM Quote
Try using a couple drops of tea tree oil in a bath or lavendar oil
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply