scabies treatment
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

New Topic Post Reply

Get Started Register free and see all scabies posts and threads! Also ensure you read the Scabies treatment guide here for scabies treatment instructions. Have a scabies question? Simply ask it and someone within the community will surely answer it!

You can get rid of Scabies Options · View
Free in Arizona
#1 Posted : Monday, August 02, 2010 9:46:41 PM Quote
I resorted to ripping out all carpeting, and tossed all my clothing. Hot water wash just does not kill them all and you will keep re-infesting yourself. Here was my treatment regime.

Day 1: Permethrin Cream 5% head to toe, scalp face, between toes, bottoms of feet, genital area. Leave on for 14 hours. Shower with 10% sulphur soap. Spot treat itchy bumps with Hand sanitizer 62% ethyl alcohol. Burns like heck, but make sure it is the gel kind, any brand, just make sure it is 62% ethyl alcohol. Rub into the bump hard, then wipe hard with white tissue, you will see the black debris on the tissue and bump will go away. Do your deep heavy house cleaning while the cream is on the body so you don't re-infect yourself.

Day 2-4: Shower each day with 10% sulphur soap also using the bar to wash the scalp and hair, it works well, if still itchy, soak in a tub of warm water with a full cup of Arm and Hammer Washing Soda. It works wonders to relieve the itching. Keep cleaning the house, wash all hard surfaces down with diluted bleach water.

Day 5: You are probably itching like crazy again, this is due to the eggs under the skin hatching out. Time for repeat of day 1 with Permethrin Cream 5%.

Day 6-9 continue as with day 2 -4.

Day 10: final treatment with Permethrin Cream 5% to get any late hatchers.

You will continue into post scabies for at least 30 days. It will act just like scabies, with itching red bumps. Keep spot treating with the hand sanitizer. This used to be called the seven year itch, because, the post scabies can flare up every now and then for the next 7 years. Sucks to be us. If you have cleaned your home top to bottom on Day 1 while the cream was on, and you continued to scrub constantly through day 10, you will erradicate this mite, and you will just have to deal with the post scabies. Remember the soaks with the Arm and Hammer washing soda. It will help with the post scabie itch as well.
Sponsor  

scabies treatment

#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 04, 2010 3:54:33 AM Quote

It seems you have come together with a great game plan! IF you have scabies you should definetely learn more about their life cycle first and then you can put together a game plan into action. Though I would not use permethrin as it can make your skin worse and even cause cancer, neurological conditions and secondary skin infections. Regardless if you use chemicals or natural scabies treatments you are going to have to take care of your skin in post scabies and also beat their life cycle as they are very persistant. The most important thing during a scabies battle though would be a good gameplan and hygiene upkeep.

Good post

#3 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 2:06:11 PM Quote
Just and FYI: I thought about the reinfestation issue, and found a good solution. It seemed the little critters were able to survive hot washing and hot drying, so I purchased some 10% permetherin online. It is strong stuff, liquid, and I add it to the wash in the rinse cycle. Since I have done that, no reinfestation, but sadly I am still fighting them.

I read about the UK doing new studies on scabies and their resistance to permetherin. Their new protocol is to apply 5% permetherin cream three consecutive nights in a row....so I'm trying that. I'm on night 2, will reapply tonight for the third, and then again in 10 days to be absolutely certain. I seem to be beating these buggers.

Oh, and the 10% permetherin can be mixed in a spray bottle to apply to furniture, etc . I purchased mine from Revival Animal Health.

Good luck all....this itch sucks!!
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 28, 2010 5:58:15 AM Quote

All you have to do is wash your clothing in Borax, that stuff is strong enough to kill anything in your laundry. For around the house I use a bleach solution on stuff once in the morning and once a night and it seems to keep them away. I also change areas in which I sit and stuff incase any are lurking around.

#5 Posted : Saturday, August 28, 2010 5:59:46 AM Quote
I found that baking soda soaks and johnsons foot baths are the best for taking away the itch plus it makes your skin so soft it feels so nice.

#6 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2012 11:27:21 PM Quote
d'oh! I am on my 3rd treatment of permetherin. I have taken the steroids and I am still itching. My doctors say i dont have scabies but they are treating me for them. Come I have it and I am tired of itching. My skin is so dry from srubbing and using this cream. I itch all over. I need some relief.
Bev
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2012 7:55:17 AM Quote
Try using sulfur soaps and scabies creams that are not made of permethrin. Lots of people have been having this issue with permethrin where it is not working. Here is a site that has scabies tips;

Scabies home treatment tricks

Hope this helps!

#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 01, 2012 1:23:21 PM Quote
If your skin is super dry from all the treatments, try the Vaseline brand of lotions. That's what I use, and its amazingly moisturizing on my skin after each of my two (aand soon to be 3) permethrin treatments, and the lotions are non-greasy unlike vaseline alone.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply