scabies treatment
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

New Topic Post Reply

Scabies Forum for Scabies Treatment

Be sure to register so you can see all boards and posts related to scabies mites and scabies treatment. Another good scabies resource is the Scabies treatment guide here that has many treatments and tips!

Reinfestation or Post Scabies? Options · View
fran
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2009 7:23:38 AM Quote

Hello;

I'm a nurse and contracted Scabies from a patient I work with. I was diagnosed with scabies and I applied Permethrin cream that day for 14 hours overnight. I washed all my laundry, bedding, vacuumed, etc. The itching stopped almost immediately after that treatment, and I thought I was all done.

This week, I awoke to a new red markings on both sides of my arms. They did not itch, but I was pretty shocked to see them. The Doctor told me to retreat once again. I reapplied again, this time for about 10 hours, because toward the end, it was irritating and burning my skin which was like a allergic reaction to it.

A week later, I've noticed a couple new, red raised bumps that itch a little bit during the day. I have been applying steroid creams which seem to help and fade them.

Is this Post-Scabies or am I be reinfected? I'm worried that I retreated with the Permethrin too soon, and should have waited 7 days. Keep in mind I have very sensitive skin to begin with.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as this is the first time dealing with this nightmare.

Sponsor  

scabies treatment

Cure
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2009 8:36:34 AM Quote

Scabies Treatment Resources

• Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies Tricks Guide
  • Scabies 24 Hour Report

• You will continue to get blemishes in post scabies as a result of the treatment and the debrie underlying your skin. The itching may even be worse. Get yourself some cortisone cream and epsom salts and pamper your skin for a few weeks.Then you can make a better decision if you think you are still infected. The worst thing to do is treat yourself over and over just because your itchy and new lessions appear in the first 4 weeks.
    #3 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2009 9:28:03 AM Quote

Sit back and get ready to buy lots of moisturizing creams and benadryl. Dont treat yourself for a bit let the chemical wear out of your body and mites to come out of your skin
    #4 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2009 6:36:36 AM Quote

Well considering your position as a nurse I would strongly suggest you fight scabies via the pill form. Use stroctol or ivermectin as there is a high chance you can be suspect to reinfestation as you are working with people with comprimised immune systems.

Good Luck
    Jen
    #5 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2009 6:50:53 PM Quote

Yeah I would consider taking a leave of absense from your job to properly get rid of scabies. It is really hard for people with comprimised immune systems such as the elderly and people dealing with addictions to get rid of scabies as they have usually had it for a lenghty time period. Your best bet is take time off work until you are in the clear and past scabies and past post scabies.

Jen

#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 09, 2009 7:17:53 AM Quote

If your getting new raised bumps say 3-4 weeks after treatment it is reasonable to say you have scabies again rather then post scabies. Try treating with the permethrin twice 5-7 days apart for 14 hours on each night roughly at 10pm.

#7 Posted : Sunday, November 01, 2009 10:41:34 AM Quote

Sounds like post scabies, but to be sure see your doctor for a post checkup, let him decide if its still scabies or post scabies.

#8 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2009 6:57:41 PM Quote

You should definetely take some time off work until you know your in the clear which is post scabies. Post scabies can also last quite a while and actually feels like post scabies as your skin is still healing. Try using lots of aloe vera or cocoa butter on your skin.
    #9 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 4:51:04 AM Quote

A good sign of reinfection is seeing red marks on both sides of your body in similar places, from all the information I know scabies will appear on both sides of the body. Look in places like your wrists, fingers, toes , waistline , basically anywhere they can hide where there is skin folds or warmth.

#10 Posted : Saturday, January 08, 2011 11:56:40 PM Quote
    hello.im a canadian living in japan .to anyone who has scabies ,,whether it be first time or reinfestation.i have had it twice ,,you want the best advice,,believe me i know how to deal with it ,,first time was for about 2 monthsand didnt know what i was doing wrong,i thought i got rid off it but waht that is ,is the mites dying but not the eggs,the eggs will hatch couple of weeks later so dont be fooled ,the first time i applied sulfur cream10%,{you must try to do it in the day }no sleeping .it will mostly come off on the bed sheeets. sit in a chair and wrap your lower half in cling wrap, to avoid rubbing it off on chair,around butt area and so on.. it wasnt until i left my house for 5 days,that i finally beat it.because there is a good chance your house is infested and you dont know it . i applied the cream the first day away then,again on the 5th day before going home. that did it .also when you are away bag up any items of clothing you will wear in that time and boil them in pots for 15 mins.the boiling thing i think is important .because a wash wont kill them.
    #11 Posted : Sunday, January 09, 2011 2:55:41 PM Quote
    You are rite that sulfur is a 100% effective scabies treatment and you need to apply it to the full body for 3 days in a row. It is usually best to thoroughly clean your house before you start treating yourself. You should also continue to use the sulfur bath soaps even in post scabies to help your skin heal and prevent further infestations. And to kill the scabies in your bedding and clothing simply wash them and leave them in the dryer for an extra hour, this should be sufficient in killing them.

Here is a good place to get scabies treatment tips:

Get Scabies Treatment Tricks

Can't Figure Out If I Have Post Scabies Or If I am
    #12 Posted : Monday, December 12, 2011 5:43:52 PM Quote
    I am having the exact same problem. I have already treated myself two weeks ago with a full tube of Permethrin and then a few after treatment I got a bunch of new bumps and was even more itchier for a few days than when I had the scabies. After doing research, I realize those symptoms might have been post scabies, but I still got another dose of Permetrhrin and used 1/2 a tube 4 days ago. For the past two days at night I scrub my body with olive oil and sugar to exfoliate the dead skin cells and to hopefully help heal my sores. After my shower I spread tea tree oil all over my body which soothes and disinfects any open wounds. It tingles and I notice that the the itching seems to be going down. Any itching I have now is more natural and tingling like my body is healing itself. I think the extreme redness is from the irritation and debris from the bugs left over because my skins is very sensitive but it' hard to tell because there are not only red bumps but I can see red lines too where the scabies made tunnels to lay their eggs. I feel like my skin is just healing itself but honestly I can't tell. I don't want to over treat myself because the cream causes a reaction, so what I will do is wait for 4 weeks and not treat myself again until I know for a fact I have it or not. I think the main deep cleaning has to be done and is most critical for the first 3 to 5 days after treatment to ensure you catch the cycle of their reproduction. I have all of my clothes in bags and am so depressed. I have to always wear long sleeves and pants to hide my rashes :( I have no idea when this torture will be over with. I'll try to come back to post my results because we're all in this together!! Can anybody tell me if they have experience the same thing and if it sounds like what I have is post scabies??? Thank you, all!!
    #13 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 11:19:37 AM Quote
    Its a combination of the chemicals in the permethrin cream which is a pesticide and the dryness of your skin. Many people find these creams do not work because they do not penetrate the skin. Try using sulfur soaps and scabies creams. Here is a website with them:

Scabies Home Treatment Tricks here

This should help!

#14 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 1:48:22 PM Quote
    I was diagnosed with Scabies on 12/9, this is my first and hopefully last time I ever have these! I was miserable for about a week before I got into the doctor, I only found two burrows on my fingers, I had a bunch of bumps on my toes but those are starting to dry out now as well as everything that was on my hands. Its been almost four days since my first treatment, I feel 85% better, I still have a little itching but I can sleep at night and its a much more tolerable itching. I have noticed on my legs that I have these little red bumps but they disappear before morning, but I still get a little freaked out. I am not sure if its my body reacting to the cream and the dying scabies and their stuff or it I am reinfested. I called the pharmacy today to refill the 2nd treatment and they told me my insurance would not pay for the 2nd treatment until 12/24 so I have to say I am a little bit freaked out. Can anybody shed any light that I am post scabies or if I have them again????
    #15 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 2:03:01 PM Quote

Watch out for new groupings of lessions and night time itching as these are primary signs of new scabies outbreaks. You can also watch for new burrows like you stated.
    #16 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2012 11:23:58 AM Quote

Also if your re infected you will experience heavy night time itching and you will start to see the rashes again but not in plain view they will start appearing in less areas but more embedded under your skin.

#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 8:26:32 AM Quote
    hello everyone,

I need help to determined if its scabies or post I have done the permethrin cream already 4 times 7 days apart and also done the pill. The week after I was done with the treatment I wasn’t itching as much but I still get little pimple bumps on my body they itch but it stops. Now this week my skin started to burn I don’t know if this is normal and also I’m itching more than last week but it will itch one spot and then another random spot I don’t itch at night like crazy nor after a shower. I always clean my room head to toe and I wash my cloth in hot water and dry it. I don’t have any new burrow but I still get bumps I want to know if this is post scabies or new F*$king scabies. I’m tired of this! Dealing with it from November! Also I wanted to know if I should use sulfur soap. Thank everybody and good luck to everybody!

P.S: This Saturday will be two weeks that I have done the last treatment if it helps.
    #18 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 7:36:02 AM Quote
    TRY SULFUR scabies soaps and sprays, I have been used them for 2 days ran out just received another shipment. so far it seems to work I still see new bumps these are natural so less side effects. Take an extremely hot bath and then scrub with a loofah sponge apply sulfur cream when done. You can see little black dots come to surface i take these off with a cotton swab and throw away in a baggie. Make sure to clean entire house wash clothes and bedding every night.
    #19 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2012 2:57:35 PM Quote

Here are some sure signs of scabies re infection

- new burrow marks
    - new rashes that form in lines or groups
    - Intense itching at night
    - pin prick type itching which feels like stings
    Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
    New Topic Post Reply