scabies treatment
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

New Topic Post Reply

Scabies Forum for Scabies Treatment

Be sure to register so you can see all boards and posts related to scabies mites and scabies treatment. Another good scabies resource is the Scabies treatment guide here that has many treatments and tips!

Smoothering Scabies Options · View
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:36:13 AM Quote

Has anyone tried smoothering their scabies? I have heard stuff like motor oils have been suggested to smoother scabies in your skin, I have not heard of anyone doing this though but its out there. There is probably some kind of overcounter creams like that thick vaseline one that you may be able to smoother scabies with. That is if you dont have a job and wanna be all stickey for days or even weeks.

Sponsor  

scabies treatment

Pam
#2 Posted : Friday, February 04, 2011 6:42:37 AM Quote

If I am not mistaken, I think in the old times they used castor oil and sulfur to treat scabies, not together but they were seperate treatments that were used, the castor oil would indeed smoother the scabies and sulfur is still an actual scabies treatment that is very effective.

P.S I do not think anyone has used castor oil to treat scabies for decades, but I know in conjunction without other treatments that people use that real thick vaseline on problem spots as it is very thick and has smoothering properties. My advice would be to get some vaseline (the thick stuff), some sulfur cream and lotions (the banners on this forum) and then some epsom salts for post scabies to help your skin start to loosen up and let the dead scabies mites and their debris up and out of the skin.

Hope this Helps.

Pam

#3 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 9:46:22 AM Quote

Weird info. It seems people would go to far lengths to get rid of scabies even in the older days. I mean come on the must have ran out of treatments if they were putting motor oil to smoother them. I do beleive it would probably work but it sounds awfully messy considering there are better scabies treatments available. Scabies can also develop into resistant strains which do not respond to certain treatments, it was documented 5 years ago and some people could also have different types of mites such as rat and bird mites which need different treatments!

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply