scabies treatment
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

New Topic Post Reply

Scabies Forum for Scabies Treatment

Be sure to register so you can see all boards and posts related to scabies mites and scabies treatment. Another good scabies resource is the Scabies treatment guide here that has many treatments and tips!

Borax Options · View
#1 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2009 7:29:38 PM Quote

I would suggest you wash all clothing articles and bedding with Borax Detergent. It is very strong and should kill anything lurking around. Also as suggested in the other post make sure you dry you clothing twice as long.
Sponsor  

scabies treatment

#2 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2009 5:04:33 PM Quote

Yes borax is great and you can also find a colour safe bleach to use and that should do it. Put your clothing in a dryer for 1 hour and that should get rid of anything that is living in your clothing.

Good luck

Pam
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 7:34:33 AM Quote
Yeah I am currently also using this stuff, it gives me more peace of mind about being in my environment, I am so skeptical that I am going to get rid of these scabies. So anything to take some fear away is a good thing. Plus I have heard nothing but great things about using Borax.

#4 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2009 1:53:11 PM Quote
Where can I buy some borax from? My scabies seem to be coming back from my carpeting or flooring.

#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 09, 2009 8:25:59 AM Quote

You guys dont even need borax to kill scabies! Here is an article telling you about the things to kill them and you can even kill scabies from using natural products you already have!

How to kill Scabies
http://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=2255869

#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 6:19:54 PM Quote

What is inside of Borax that makes it work, or makes it repell scabies? I have heard you can use this for your rugs

Sea salt bath
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:25:20 AM Quote
Hello,
I suffered with rampant red spots on my trunk and loin area for 4 weeks. They itched especially around 2-4 a.m.. With the look and symptoms like that I knew I had scabies. Permethrin 5% cream didn’t work. The mixture of borax with hydrogen peroxide subsided the bumps for a day and then new ones appeared. Sulfur mixed with petroleum jelly gave the same result. I washed my bed sheets, pillows, comforter and clothes everyday in borax and detergent. I also vacummed and sanitized the whole house with borax. Nothing availed.
A friend told me to soak in hot salt water for an hour for 4 days and not to rinse after each bath. I soaked and scrubbed all parts of my body so that the mites under the skin would be exposed. Finally, the treatment worked like a charm. The bumps and the itch disappeared!!! I slept so well for the first time. Soaking in a hot bath mixed with 2 lbs of sea salt for an hour for 4 days,that’s all.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 3:37:57 PM Quote

Unforutunately permethrin has become scabies resistand and bathing in hydrogen peroxide will only make your skin worse and red. If you bath do it towards the evening hours for 1 hour with epsom salrts and 8 drops of tea tree oil, this will help you with a scabies treatment, you should look into treating all natural as it will save you from hassle down the road, do not keep treating with permethrin it is very dangerous.
Borax is very good and sea salt is actually better than epsom salts if you can get your hands on it.
Beth
#9 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2010 8:48:28 AM Quote

I had no luck with borax, it seems maybe my rugs where to thick to kill the scabies within them, instead we abandoned the two rooms with carpeting and lived in our rooms with hardwood flooring, this made it much easier to stay away from getting reinfected as we could just mop with bleach. Another thing you should spray your walls with lysol as some claim that scabies linger on your walls and ceiling, and you can also get some kind of spray pyrathine or zinc to spray on your bedding or mattress.

#10 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2011 12:56:44 PM Quote
I'm currently taking borax and hydrogen peroxide soaks twice a day for the past few days. My skin's really dry, but it seems to be working. I also started using diatomaceous earth, which is an organic pesticide made from tiny seashells or something. Only thing is make sure you get the kind that's human and pet friendly, as the kind used in pool filters can have nasty chemicals in it. I've more or less coated every piece of fabric in my home with this stuff, so hopefully it'll work, since I can't afford to steam clean everything.
#11 Posted : Saturday, June 04, 2011 2:48:32 AM Quote

I have also been using borax in baths every second day and epsom salts on the other days, and it is definetly making the itching fade away and it allowing me to get some rest. You can buy steam cleaners very cheap nowadays from Zellers for about 70$, if you have the money I highly suggest this as you can clean your furniture and make sure no scabies are living in them. If not you could live in another room in which you rarely used as this would lower the chances of reinfection from something you touch.
#12 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 6:14:36 PM Quote
Hello can someone explain how to use Borax in the bath? Ive read a bit online here and in other forums of it being succesful with Hydrogen Peroxide/ I'm' worried that it is not safe. Thank you
#13 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 3:15:20 AM Quote

I am not sure, but the best thing to help with the skin and itching is taking baths with either epsom salts or baking soda, use about a full cup of epsom salts or half a cup of baking soda in a warm bath for 30-45minutes each night. The best time is during the evening cause this is when the scabies mites are most active and it will help you get a good nights rest.

Anyways this is what helped me with the scabies itching.

Leanne
#14 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 5:41:22 AM Quote
I have spent hundreds of dollars trying to rid myself and my enviroment of these horribel Sacie mites. I had been taking the Borax/Hydrogen Peroxide baths which did help alot. However they still kept coming back even with constant washing of clothes, blankets daily. I FINALLY took the advice of a friend of mine who is a Registered Nurse in a Nursing home. She told me of a product called Lice B Gone. She said it is what institutions and all use and it is very effective. So I took her advice and ordered a gallon of it online. It has done wonders! I finally can see that the end is in sight after many sleepless nights and suffering. It truly works and I am forever grateful or I would still be infected. It works for Lice, Scabies and kills the eggs. The permethrin 5% cream did not work for me and it took the enzymes in this product to kill them. I hope to help others in this situation by letting them know. It is Lice B Gone, don't spend all the money like I did. This is all you will need!
#15 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:40:51 PM Quote
does hydrogen peroxide help get rid of scabies?
#16 Posted : Thursday, March 01, 2012 5:04:21 AM Quote
No peroxide is used to clean up wounds to prevent infection but not scabies infection as scabies are skin mites.
Jean
#17 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2012 11:19:28 AM Quote

Borax will certainly help but just leaving your clothing in the dryer for an extra 30 minutes will also do the job provided that over loading it and are drying normal loads.

I would suggest reading:

Scabies treatment tips

Best of luck!
#18 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2012 10:23:14 AM Quote

Borax is great to wash your clothing with to get rid of scabies or to use on carpets 30 minutes before vaccuming. This should certainly be enough to kill them in your clothing or carpeting!

#19 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 11:21:09 PM Quote
i just learned that the borax must stay on carpets for 2 hours to do any good...remove pets first. and when washing clothes they need to soak for 20 minutes , other than the washing time of the cycle. I accidently cured a lot of skin ailments from using Borax mainly for the cost and environment , and i got an added benifit...my red sores and itching stopped.
new victims
#20 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 3:57:58 PM Quote
When using Borax for carpeting, couches or bedding do you dilute or sprinkle the powder on the carpet? I have small children and am afraid if I do it wrong or in excess it may harm them more. If we mix, what is the mixture and ratio?

I can only find 20 Mule Borax, will that work? Someone please respond asap.

#21 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 3:54:45 AM Quote

Just sprinkle it on your carpets for like an hour then vaccuum it. Keep kid and pets away!
Jen
#22 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 4:28:23 AM Quote

Scabies Treatment Resources

• Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies Tricks Guide
  • Scabies 24 Hour Report

• I have sprinkled Borax on my mattresses, carpets and couch i left for work and will vaccuum tonghit and wash the cushions and buy mattress covers in hopes this works. I think I still have living ones on me so i change my sheets every night put them in bags until washed. i am ironing all our clothes before putting them on. The sulfur sopaps should arrive tomorrow and I will be using it asap on me and my daughter. This is the worst thing I have ever experienced.
    Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
    New Topic Post Reply