scabies treatment
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

New Topic Post Reply

Scabies Forum for Scabies Treatment

Be sure to register so you can see all boards and posts related to scabies mites and scabies treatment. Another good scabies resource is the Scabies treatment guide here that has many treatments and tips!

Vicks Vapour Rub? Options · View
Miranda
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 8:28:10 AM Quote

I am new around here and was wondering if vicks vapour rub would help with scabies or post scabies. I have scabies now but I recall when my grandfather had scabies many years ago he always had vicks vapour rub around him and I could always smell it, now he normally never smelled like that when he was normal. My question is does it help treating scabies or just with healing the skin?

Thanks

Miranda
Sponsor  

scabies treatment

#2 Posted : Thursday, June 03, 2010 5:28:56 AM Quote

Good Questions! I know comfort wise I would not want to have it on my body all the time as it smells and is real cool, I know scabies dont like neem but it wont kill them and I would think Vicks contains lots of aloe which is sort of like neem. It is very likely to subdue the scabies or post scabies itching maybe. Let us know

#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 12:37:48 PM Quote

It likely will only help relieve itching from scabies as it is surely not a scabies treatment. Try using sulfur scabies products as they work and are natural. You can get scabies sulfur products in the form of creams, oils and soaps. You can also give neem oil a try as it has been reported to help scabies.
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 11:22:56 AM Quote

It would likely provide temporary relief of the scabies itching but it will not kill scabies and it will likely clog your pores making it worse.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply