scabies treatment
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

New Topic Post Reply

Get Started Register free and see all scabies posts and threads! Also ensure you read the Scabies treatment guide here for scabies treatment instructions. Have a scabies question? Simply ask it and someone within the community will surely answer it!

scabies mattress Options · View
#1 Posted : Monday, March 22, 2010 1:34:40 AM Quote

Scabies Treatment Resources

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Should I just completely get rid of my mattress while trying to fight scabies? Or should I just stay at a motel for a week or something? My understanding is that scabies reinfestation comes typically from clothing and your mattress.

Sponsor  

scabies treatment

Louise
    #2 Posted : Monday, March 22, 2010 1:42:15 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• You can buy plastic coverings for your mattress and pillows at your local Walmart at a very cheap price, this is like the first thing you should do. The brochure says not to use your mattress for 48 hours past treatment, personally I would wait about 4 days minimum just to risk not getting reinfected. You should try getting some Borax for your carpeting also if you have some.

#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 24, 2010 7:36:26 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• Yeah! If you can not seal your bedding and mattress with some kind of plastic covering I would recommend you just throw out your mattress, this will save you from possibly getting reinfected from scabies. Try to keep your hygiene really high before, during and after scabies treatment and post scabies.

#4 Posted : Friday, April 09, 2010 3:05:22 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• I would just get rid of it or use a plastic mattress that you can easily clean day to day. Most people get reinfested with scabies by their mattress, you can also do like me and get a permethrin spray to use on your mattress and garments, this will help prevent reinfection. Also if you have a steam cleaner it works wonders at helping you clean your environment, if you do not have one you should invest in one they are about 100$ and will last you years. You will thank me
    #5 Posted : Saturday, December 04, 2010 6:49:24 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• If you think you have bed bugs definetely get rid of your mattres asap, if you have scabies just steam clean it and leave it in a empty room for 4 days and it will be fine to use once again as scabies will die off the human host after 4 days, keep in mind they live and feed on your skin so they could survive in a mattress with lots of skin cells this is why it is important to thoroughly steam clean your mattress.

Hope this helps

Jill
    #6 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2010 4:03:35 PM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• You don't have to get rid of it, but certainly do not use it to sleep in for a couple weeks until you know you have completely eradicated scabies. Scabies are the worst mite for reinfestations because their life cycle and how quickly they produce eggs, the scabies mite also creates this film on the skin which helps protect them and their eggs. So the longer you feel you have had scabies the longer it will take to cure and you may need alternative treatments.

Hope this helps
    #7 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2012 11:12:34 AM Quote

• Scabies Tricks guide
  • Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies 24 hour Report

• You can get mattress covers specially for scabies or bed bugs which will keep you from getting re infected as typically people are re infected from either bedding or clothing.

Here are some bed bug tips;

Bed Bug tricks here

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
    New Topic Post Reply