scabies treatment
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

New Topic Post Reply

Scabies Forum for Scabies Treatment

Be sure to register so you can see all boards and posts related to scabies mites and scabies treatment. Another good scabies resource is the Scabies treatment guide here that has many treatments and tips!

Scabies Freezer Options · View
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2010 3:03:16 PM Quote

You can put your bedding and clothing articles in a storage freezer overnight if you have one, simply place your bedding in it during the day and clothing being worn the next day during the night and this will help you from becoming reinfested again from bedding or clothing. Ofcourse your going to want to normally wash your clothes. Cold and Heat both can kill scabies.

Sponsor  

scabies treatment

#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 4:52:53 AM Quote

This would likely work if you do not have access to a dryer, placing items inside something with extreme hot or cold will definetely kill scabies. I would suggest using a bigger model freezer though not just a regular fridge freezer as you could ruin the fan inside which distributes the cold and air throughout the fridge and freezer.
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:19:08 PM Quote

Yes this will work! Or you can simply put them into garbage bags or sealed containers, anything air tight will do the trick over the course of a few days!

#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 8:21:44 AM Quote

Yup you can freeze them, suffocate them or dry them and they will die quickly. They can only live in a certain temperature bracket and like all other living things scabies also need oxygen to live.

#5 Posted : Sunday, July 04, 2010 7:38:10 AM Quote

What about if you just leave your clothing in another room for a month without wearing them? Will they die off or should I really be bagging them up? I also wanted to know if I should be cleaning all carpeting and furniture that was not in the area while I contracted scabies.

Thanks

#6 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 3:40:50 PM Quote

The best thing to do is just put your clothes in a dryer for 30minutes before you put them on for the day and your bedding and linens before bed. This will ensure you are not getting reinfested from your clothing or bedding. Scabies can live off the human host for like 3-5 days depending on the conditions. I beleive they like a hotter more humid condition.

#7 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2011 9:27:53 PM Quote
im im an apt building ive had scabies for awhille but i cant affgort to wash all my clothes again. can i pit them in bags for a few weeks or something, or can i put them in the freezeer for awhile and if so how long.
Bev
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2011 2:14:09 AM Quote

Yes! Placing you clothing and items into air tight bags or containers for a few weeks will kill the scabies. Typically scabies can only live off the human host for 4-5 days in the right conditions and temperatures.

It should do the trick easily!
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2011 3:26:19 PM Quote

It is just easier to place your bedding and clothing in the dryer for 20minutes before using or putting on, this will ensure you kill any live scabies within them. Don't bother freezing them, if you have stuff laying around just place it into air tight containers as this sill suffocate the scabies mites after a few days.

#10 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 7:24:01 PM Quote
Bagging does not work. I had 90% of my clothing bagged for 1 month before washing them and what do you know... Reinfested. I'm on my 3rd elimite treatment in 6 months. I tossed my bed and furniture after the first time and have been sleeping on an air mattress and I'm the cleanest near freak out there and the damn things keep coming back. Resilient little bugs.... Gross.
Mark
#11 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2011 8:22:20 AM Quote

Yeah scabies can be quite irritating and they can be hard to treat as you have to make sure your applying the creams to your full body and that the creams are penetrating your skin. If you find your skin is thicker than usual you will need to treat with sulfur treatments as the permethrin creams will not penetrate your skin ultimately leaving some scabies behind. With scabies its important that you kill the lifecycle completely so they do not continue to reproduce. 4-5 Day full body sulfur treatments are your best bet!

Hope this helps!
#12 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2011 10:26:43 AM Quote
LISTEN TO ME:
I am as holistic as they get. I never put chemicals on my body, on my dog, on my clothes etc. I even own multiple holistic websites. My dog is raw fed, I eat really healthy. I am the person all my friends come to to get cured holistically.

THIS IS DIFFERENT:
These things have lived since before dinosaurs.
These things NEVER DIE if you simply leave them alone.
Bagging your clothes will NOT WORK.
Leaving them outside in 12 hours of freezing weather simply SLOWS THEM DOWN.

I have had scabies twice now from working with the public and dogs.
I tried everything holistically: Tea tree, washing, freezing, coconut oil, bleach, borax, turmeric, parasite cleanses, garlic etc. You name it, I gave it a whirl.
All these things = fly swatter. I finally opted for the ELEPHANT GUN: Chemicals known to kill these bastards.
I ordered REVOLUTION for the dog (1st chemicals in 4 years for my little 8lb bundle)
I ordered Permethrin for me (5%. Ya, I know it's like DDT. I didn't want to scratch or cry one more night)
I ordered Benzarid for the house and I did the following:

Day 1:
Dog got his chemicals which lasts a month and will be repeated 2 more months.
I got my Permethrin on at night and washed off 12 hours later (no longer).
We started spraying the house from TOP to BOTTOM EVERY SINGLE DAY for 24 days with Benzarid.
We sprayed our coats every single day inside out with Benzarid. Same for the cars every single day for those 24 days.

Now that all humans we treated with 1st dose of Permethrin and all dogs we treated with 1st month of stuff...
Day 4: We got the NYC exterminator to come Permethrin the whole house from top to bottom (animals and kids MUST LEAVE for 24 hours at least) This is heavy duty shit. Check with your vets and doctors.

Day 7:
2nd human doses of Permethrin (still from doctor, prescription required) One 60gram tube will last for both doses. You use half a tube on Day 1.

Day 21:
You can start seeing people again if you have done everything 100%

Day 31:
Dogs get 2nd dose of Revolution

The washing:
All clothes you are wearing come off and right into the "dirty" black garbage bag that sits in your bathroom or bedroom.
When that bag is full, you put disposable rubber gloves on, tape those gloves to your sleeve so no skin is exposed and dump bag contents into washer on HOTTEST water. If you can add bleach or 20 mule team Borax, even better. Dispose of dirty gloves.
When you move washed clothes to dryer, use a new pair of gloves and dry on the HOTTEST air (must be 122 for more than ten minutes).
Put on a new pair of gloves and fold your laundry with the gloves on (taped of course so you don't reinfect these clothes) and put into a new clean black garbage bag.
If you can fold into outfits, even better.
Leave this clean bag away from the dirty black bags.
Wash pet bedding every couple of days with gloves.
Spray your bedding daily with Benzarid, spray everything that you could see a mite floating through the air and landing on. Think of how light they are!
If you hold your cell phone, wipe it daily with a clorox wipe. If you put your makeup on, wipe the brushes. Anything you personally touch, wipe with a clorox wipe.
Anything you don't touch but is in the house or car, spray with Benzarid.

Just like pot, these things are much stronger than 20 years ago Dancing
If you do not start war against these invisible monsters, you will be beating your head against the wall. Brick wall
Once I had a solid plan, I got my sanity back. If you have to remove people from your life for 4 weeks, do it.
If you have to remove yourself from the location for 4 weeks, Do it.
Anyone that has come into your location stay away from for 6 weeks as they could show signs 6 weeks later.
#13 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2011 10:30:02 AM Quote
Also, (from above) the sulfur soap does work to remove MOST mites. NOT ALL. And it should not be used for very long.
Sulfur soap is sold as 3% sulfur ACNE soap. Grandpas brand.
#14 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2011 11:00:04 AM Quote
Also, Also...almost forgot the most important part:
MIND OVER MATTER
and
HEALTHY IMMUNE SYSTEM

In both cases of me getting these bastards, my immune system was weak.
Now, I eat even more organically, more wild salmon, more steamed greens, 1 clove of crushed garlic daily with hummus or avocado on toast.
Positive attitude fights these f*ckers too. I swear they sense fear and take down your mental health. Watch comedies, listen to the Law of Attraction, stop eating all the processed foods, consider a PALEO diet etc....

These things live with us ALWAYS. It's when our immune systems break down that they take over on humans and animals.

Good luck and good riddens to the microscopic friends!
#15 Posted : Monday, January 02, 2012 6:00:51 AM Quote
Some of the things that have been written on this page are a bit excessive. The most important thing you can do for yourself when you get an infestation is to get educated. The more you know the better you will be able to help yourself. There are a few reputable sites. Don't get caught up in all the horror stories and get all freaky about it. Usually if a person gets re infested it is because they haven't followed the directions to the letter. Follow all directions carefully. If you see any new mite sites after you treat yourself then simply repeat the treatment in 7-10 days.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply