scabies treatment
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

New Topic Post Reply

Get Started Register free and see all scabies posts and threads! Also ensure you read the Scabies treatment guide here for scabies treatment instructions. Have a scabies question? Simply ask it and someone within the community will surely answer it!

Anyone try vinegar? Options · View
#1 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 6:22:43 PM Quote
I seen a show and said the bugs need the proper conditions to live on you which contribute factors to your skins php levels. So my question is do you think bathin in a water/vinegar solution will kill scabies? I mean ofcourse it will not instantly kill them but if you bath over weeks period with it they will eventually go away? No ? This is just a thought...

Sponsor  

scabies treatment

#2 Posted : Thursday, December 03, 2009 6:47:02 PM Quote
I am 100% sure this will not kill scabies, bleach will not kill scabies either, they will likely wreck your skin.

#3 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2010 10:35:15 AM Quote

This will not work! Good thinking though, I have heard that scabies dwell on humans becasue of the PH levels in our skin, so maybe this could help people find better alternative treatments.

#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 6:16:33 AM Quote
These tips are specifically for scabies;

Scabies tips and tricks Click here

P.s - Tea tree or vinegar does not work, I know many people think because they may lower the PH levels in the skin it will work. But scabies will thrive on skin which does not have a protectant. Yes PH levels in your skin actually protect them from infection and things like scabies. I learned myself the hard way.

#5 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 7:11:47 PM Quote
I believe that vinegar will work in killing surface scabies mite. If you use it with water it is a great exfoliant. I used to bathe in vinegar to shed my skin. You will see grey residue floating on the surface of the water. The problem with using vinegar to kill scabies is that it might not penetrate deep enough to kill the deeper ones and the eggs.
#6 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 9:38:47 AM Quote

Vinegar will only take the itch away but will not kill any mites not even scabies mites, it will also ruin the PH levels in your skin which work as a barrier to protect your skin, so you would not only be ruining your skin but helping scabies thrive more. I do think though it would work well to fight the itch but not sure if its worth using for scabies.

#7 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 7:48:01 AM Quote
I agree! Putting vinegar on your skin or bathing in it will likely do nothing but make your scabies worse. You should atleast check with a doctor before putting vinegar on your skin!

Vinegar and Scabies
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 1:43:25 AM Quote
I've read with interest what has been said about vinegar not being effective. However, I have to disagree. I tried all kinds of medication and creams over a number of years and still had the dreaded lumps and bumps and associated itching even following treatment.

I read somewhere that vinegar was a possible solution in some cases so (out of sheer desperation) I tried it. I used roughly 4 parts water with 1 part vinegar in a sprak bottle (an old window cleaner spray thing) and sprayed myself every night before bed for about a month.

The result is that I have now been scabies free for 6 months and it didn't ruin my skin - I showered every morning and used body lotion to revitalize my skin.

It seems a ridiculously simple solution but in my case it worked (thank God!).

Kelly
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:43:53 AM Quote

I tried tea tree oil and vinegar and they did not work at all! You probably had already gotten rid of your scabies prior to using it, the only thing vinegar on your skin will do is ruin your ph levels in your skin which fights off infections.

Not a good move!

Kelly
#10 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 11:46:06 PM Quote
I am praying for this to work for me and my family....I prayed and the Lord gave me the idea...to add olive oil to the Organic Apple cider vinegar I use Braggs brand....and I use organic Olive any brand.....1 cup with 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup and soak in as hot as you can stand the water to open your pores so the vinegar and the olive oil can penetrate your skin and it actually makes them vulnerable.....the vinegar has acid and breaks down their exoskelaton and the olive oil smothers them.....I am still working on this as we are in the first week of this treatment....but after that I make a homemade mayonnnaise.....2 eggs....2 cups of olive oil....2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar 1/2 t of sea salt....blend until thick but add the oil slowly drizzling into the mixture until a mayonnaise thickness.....keep refrigerated....put this all over the body for as long as you can.....in every crease and crack of your body neck down and within a few minutes they all come out and you will see that it works.....we have seen eggs and all sizes of the larvae bugs and eggs as well it is amazing then shower and keep repeating until they are gone and do all the laundry everyday......vacuum everyday......bag everything for 3 days.....I thank God for showing me this b/c I cannot use anything else and it is working....blessings to everyone!
#11 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 11:49:51 PM Quote
1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar to 1/4 to 1/2 C of Olive oil soak for 1/2 hour then use the homemade mayonnaise on skin for 1/2 hour or longer then shower
#12 Posted : Monday, March 05, 2012 8:59:39 AM Quote

Vinegar or mayonaise will do absolutely nothing to scabies. You gotta be kidding me if you think this. Vinegar will help prevent lice but and in some cases kill lice but scabies is a whole different monster which is very difficult to treat alone with regular products!
#13 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 2:26:17 PM Quote
i've also used this vinegar and olive oil method, i would just take strong vinegar solution then rub it all over, and right after it dried i would smother the skin with olive oil, and because olive oil absorbs quickly, after that dries, you can use vasoline or aquaphor and just use clumps of it and smother your skin and its seems to work like a charm.

after try an epsom salt bath at night when they come out
#14 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 9:05:38 AM Quote

Vinegar will not kill scabies but it may kill lice on your scalp if I recall correctly. Scabies is more difficult to get rid of and you need specific treatments for scabies as no home remedies will work!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply