scabies treatment
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

New Topic Post Reply

Get Started Register free and see all scabies posts and threads! Also ensure you read the Scabies treatment guide here for scabies treatment instructions. Have a scabies question? Simply ask it and someone within the community will surely answer it!

bleach Options · View
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:11:48 AM Quote

Never use bleach if you become frustrated as this will only further damage your skin during scabies or post scabies. Simply do not keep retreating take breaks let your skin heal and moisturize it to help it fight off things.

Sponsor  

scabies treatment

Cindy
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2009 3:35:26 PM Quote

This is very true, no matter how desperate scabies makes you, do not use bleach. Scabies will only get worse before it gets better in the post scabies period. You will feel like you still have scabies after treatment due to the chemical in the permethrin and the dead mites under your skin. The best thing in post scabies is to take some benadryl and moisturize your skin alot with cocoa butter. Scabies tend to be a really awful thing to deal with but jsut stick in there nad youll be back to yourself once again.

God Bless

#3 Posted : Sunday, September 06, 2009 4:21:31 PM Quote

I actually heard someone say pretty convincgly that you could add a half lid full of bleach to a bath once a day which should kill anything on you. I would not try it as it is probably pretty damaging to the skin if done incorrectly, but im sure it would kill scabies pretty quickly.

#4 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2009 2:20:44 PM Quote

This should be pretty obvious as typicallys bleach bottles have crossbones and skulls and stuff to keep you away, Bleach can permanently burn your skin or discolor it beyond repair. Never use bleach to attempt to try and kill your scabies, you will just further damage your skin which will make it easier for them to live on.

#5 Posted : Monday, April 05, 2010 4:52:20 PM Quote

Make sure you use bleach when washing bedding and clothing it will help reinfestation, I found it really useful using that non smelling natural bleach that does not contain chloride, it seems to really do the trick for me as I can do alot of cleaning without being overwhelmed with the smell of bleach. I also heard that lysol sprays are great to kill scabies on walls , door knobs etc etc.

#6 Posted : Sunday, April 11, 2010 11:46:30 AM Quote

What about using bleach that does not contain chrolirde but hydrogen peroxide and is natural? Will this kill scabies if you bath in some each evening?

#7 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2010 7:30:13 AM Quote

I have tried this when I was really desperate and first had scabies, I think I resorted to this after 2 failed treatments, though I was only putting a cap full of bleach in each bath and it was the natural bleach without chloride. I have clue if it worked or not as I discontinued after 3-4 baths and knew it didnt do anything. I wouldnt suggest doing this!

Cure
#8 Posted : Saturday, May 01, 2010 1:32:30 PM Quote

This will ruin your PH levels in your skin and wreck the top layer of your skin which helps your skin defend parasites, this would be a very bad move! If anything take saunas or baths in epsom salts.

#9 Posted : Saturday, May 29, 2010 9:27:26 AM Quote

I heard in some cases people use tiny ammounts of bleaches in baths because scabies can create this toxic film on your skin which is like a protective layer for the scabies, this makes regular treatments very hard to penetrate to them. This is likely why people have troubles curing scabies because the skin is too thick. I would not suggest you put bleach on your skin or in a bath, there is likely an alternative that can do a better job.

#10 Posted : Sunday, July 04, 2010 7:52:39 AM Quote

agreed! Isnt bleach somethign simlar to what they put in pools? Isn't chlorine a form of bleach i mean that they put in pools to kill bacteria and stuff ?

#11 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2011 1:40:00 PM Quote
I had horrific scabies in college and used permethrin and it still persisted. I know this is horrible for your skin, but I scratched open the scabies rashes and took a washcloth with bleach on it and rubbed it all over my skin, then showered a half hour later - it worked and i felt worlds better very soon after - if youve had scabies, you know how desperate you can get, my skin was fine after too.
#12 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2011 4:03:06 PM Quote

You should never put bleach on your skin as it will just make your scabies worse and on top of that you will get nasty secondary infections that may never go away! Not advised!
#13 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2011 6:33:27 AM Quote
help what do we do..... and my dog is showing little signs but he is not acting like he has anything,,, should he be treated....

#14 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2011 7:00:04 AM Quote

Dogs can only be a carrier of scabies as they prefer human skin, if you notice your dog has patches of hair missing it is likely he has mange. Do you have scabies? If so your dog could have them and show signs of being in discomfort but they will not stay on him long as they will die or look for a human host.

#15 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 8:07:13 AM Quote

I have been tempted to try this and must admit I almost did but then I stopped myself as I do not want to become that desperate as it would like just ruin my skin and who knows if it would kill the scabies. Thanks for the heads up though.

#16 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2011 4:47:15 PM Quote

Come on guys! It is pretty obvious you do not put bleach on your skin or bath in it to kill scabies! Common sense that bleach will just further ruin your skin and you could end up with worse problems then a little scabies infection!

#17 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 10:33:57 AM Quote
It really helped me and my kids. I tried it on me first to make sure it wouldn't hurt us. But you only use about 1/4-1/2 cup of bleach in a standard sized bath and you only need to be in it for about 10-15 minutes. It worked I only needed to do it twice and now we are all cured. I really don't see what all the fuss is about, if it's ok to swim in it should be fine to bathe in. Also a little bit of bleach in your bathe water is recommended for people who have eczema. The key is that it doesn't take a whole lot.
Bev
#18 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 1:34:03 PM Quote
That is the dumbest advice I have ever heard online! Do not try this it will permanently ruin your skin and you will be more likely to get cancer and other secondary skin infections as the bleach eats the protective layer of your skin that helps fight bacteria and other diseases.

#19 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 1:46:40 PM Quote

People do not put bleach in their pools, clearly you are uneducated as they use chlorine, there is a huge difference. I agree with Bev it sounds like your resorting to desperate measures that might ultimately result in
conditions much worse then scabies. You should consult your physician and let him know atleast.

#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 10:28:22 PM Quote
What does the "burrows"look like that the female mite makes? ?
#21 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2011 8:11:16 AM Quote

Scabies trackmarks or burrows would look kinda like stretch marks or lines within the skin.
#22 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:41:02 PM Quote
sometimes it takes desperate measures
Lana
#23 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2012 2:14:18 PM Quote

Just use sulfur cream they are the most effective in killing scabies.
Lisa
#24 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2012 6:34:29 AM Quote

You can grab scabies creams and real sulfur soaps specifically for scabies at the link below. They also have some treatment tips and tricks to help you along the way!

Scabies home treatment tricks

Hope this helps!
#25 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2012 4:14:21 PM Quote
Best suggesting thing would be a hot bath with epson salt, lavender and 100% tea tree oil...you'll actually notice with the tea tree oil added it will give that hint of "bleach" smell to it...very effective method. I told a friend who had them really bad and his dermatologist also recommended it..was pretty gross to hear that the "sand like feeling on his skin" while he was having a bath was actually the larvae dying off and secreting out of his skin!.....you can also get tea tree oil shampoo's for people that have it in their scalp..pubic area, etc.
Anne
#26 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2012 5:26:11 AM Quote

Thanks for the tip. The scabies creams worked and I am now scabies free! I was almost getting desperate enough to use bleach but am glad I found this thread!~

Barb
#27 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 4:12:31 PM Quote

The dumbest thing you could ever do is use bleach on your skin to treat scabies, your skin has a protective layer which protects you from things like scabies and skin infections and by using bleach in any form or method you are just making your skin more succeptable to these types of things. You could even end up with a nasty staph infection which would not be very good in conjunction with scabies.

My advice is stick to scabies treatments that are known to work!

#28 Posted : Thursday, March 01, 2012 1:51:31 PM Quote
If you have a protective layer of skin to keep scabies and other diseases off you skin then how do we end up getting scabies? I've used bleach for ringworm many of times and I have never had anything wrong with my skin. I think it's worth a try as long as people aren't stupid and put a lot of bleach into the bath. yall are so worried about the bleach well what about the pesticide you'll be prescribed at the doctors? You don't think that'll have harmful effects? I say the Hell with it and give it a try, take chances and life to make things better. That's all I have to say.
Mary
#29 Posted : Thursday, March 01, 2012 5:08:38 PM Quote

You would be an idiot to put bleach on your skin. Frankly using both is kinda sketchy but bleach would certainly destroy your protective layer of skin and make you more succeptable to scabies and other secondary skin infections.
#30 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2012 11:07:10 AM Quote
Never use bleach on your skin.
#31 Posted : Monday, March 05, 2012 12:08:19 PM Quote
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleach

Household chlorine-based bleach is basically the same thing as they use in pools. The only difference is Pool Chlorine is bound to a Calcium atom, rather than a Sodium atom. It's still Chlorine and there is nothing wrong with swimming in a good clean pool that has a nice safe Chlorine level.... Bleach is also really good for making your feet smooth ;)

I bet some of your people think that bedbugs only feed off humans.... Stop being so ignorant people... of course Chlorine and propabably 90% rubbing alcohol will kill a lot of things.
#32 Posted : Monday, March 05, 2012 1:27:25 PM Quote
Guest wrote:
If you have a protective layer of skin to keep scabies and other diseases off you skin then how do we end up getting scabies? I've used bleach for ringworm many of times and I have never had anything wrong with my skin. I think it's worth a try as long as people aren't stupid and put a lot of bleach into the bath. yall are so worried about the bleach well what about the pesticide you'll be prescribed at the doctors? You don't think that'll have harmful effects? I say the Hell with it and give it a try, take chances and life to make things better. That's all I have to say.

I agree, I put bleach on my son's ringworm everyday for 3 days. After three days, it was gone..... and no side effects or rashing. After the ringworm started to peel off I put cocobutter on his leg. You can's tell anything was there. The ringworm was bigger than a qauter.
Mary
#33 Posted : Monday, March 05, 2012 1:53:34 PM Quote

Putting bleach on your skin will only cause secondary skin infections as it strips the protective layer of your skin. The best way to cure scabies is by using sulfur treatments in which you put the cream on for 14 hours overnight. Bleach is the worst thing you can do for a scabies infection or Ringworm infection.
#34 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 12:56:26 PM Quote
damn it. I am reading this thread after I have put bleach on my for the last 5 days... I am very frustrated with the scabies! Will see how long it will take till they are gone.
#35 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2012 6:44:11 PM Quote
I have recently been dealing with scabies. I'm hoping to try the starter pack a few people have mentioned. I was just wondering what the thoughts on this were? Is it worth it? Does it truly work? Or if there are any other suggestions aside from having to go to the doctor and get what is seeming like a harmful medication? I am about to go crazy from feeling like this. I've been trying to clean everything as much as possible but I feel like i'm treading water seeing as how I can clean all I want but I still have them in my skin! HELP!?
#36 Posted : Sunday, April 01, 2012 3:46:58 AM Quote

It works because it contains sulfur and sulfur kills scabies fast! I used the family pack which comes with the same stuff as the starter pack just more and I got rid of my scabies within 2 days. It works!

Good luck and God Bless
JAN78093
#37 Posted : Tuesday, April 03, 2012 5:13:33 AM Quote
I tried the sulfur soap for the first time last night, I lathered up really good, sat for about five mintues, then did it again. I also washed my hair with sulfur shampoo I found at Walmart. it left my hair feeing like hay! but I dont r eally care anymore. Then after i got out I put some Sulfur creme i also found at Fiesta, in the little "Mexican" products section. it says "Pomada de Azufre" I slept good. This morning I was itching, but I'm just going to keep trying it for a while and see what happens. I keep reading that sulfur works, so everyone keep your fingers crossed for me! :)
#38 Posted : Tuesday, April 03, 2012 7:53:47 AM Quote
Yes sulfur will kill any skin mite including rat and bird mites as it kills both the mites and eggs. But you should get sulfur treatments specifically for scabies because some only contain 6% or less sulfur and it is not enough to kill scabies. Here is a link for sulfur treatments specially for scabies:

scabies treatment tip blog

Good luck I hope your back to normal quickly!
#39 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 8:07:53 AM Quote
I had scabies about a month or two before getting treatment. But i was still paronoid and i used a lot of permithurim cream or how ever u spell it. I probably used 3 to 4 bottles and i still itched some but i figured out if makes u itch to but finally about a month later i was fine and just a few days a go i started itching and got bumbps do u think it is still the cream or a reaccurance? please tell
#40 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 8:14:28 AM Quote
they say premethin doesnt work well. i used it nad seen the creatures come to the surface i used a qtip to remove them. i still feel itchy i am trying the Naturasil products. they come to the skin surface with this cream as well just not as many. the cream si safe to use on a daily basis where premethin is not.
#41 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 8:18:46 AM Quote
Thanks. Im just not sure like everyonce in a while ill get a little bump and freak out i think its just me being paranoid about it all the time
#42 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 8:52:20 AM Quote
after having this there is good reason to be paranoid. I often question if theyy are gone and I am imagining it or they really still there?!
#43 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 6:14:58 PM Quote
This came from the Mayo Clinic Website concerning the bleach bath. Although it deals with eczema it does address the idea of a bleach bath. With all medications and treatments doctors differ on opinions. In the case of the below article this doctor and others in the field believe in a bleach bath when executed properly. It may not be for you but it may assist someone else.

Don't be so quick to tell someone what they are saying is stupid or they are uneducated when the fact of the matter is you haven't done your research.

http://www.mayoclinic.co...ma-bleach-bath/AN02003/

What is a bleach bath? Can it treat chronic eczema symptoms?
Answer
from Lawrence E. Gibson, M.D.

An eczema bleach bath — a bath with a small amount of bleach added to the water — may help lessen symptoms of chronic eczema (atopic dermatitis), an itchy skin condition.

A bacterial infection often accompanies eczema, worsening symptoms. An eczema bleach bath is thought to kill the bacteria on the skin, reducing itching, redness and scaling. This is most effective when combined with other eczema treatments, such as medication and moisturizers.

If properly diluted and used as directed, a bleach bath is safe for both children and adults. For best results:

Add 1/2 cup (118 milliliters) of bleach to a 40-gallon (151-liter) bathtub filled with warm water (measures are for a U.S.-standard-sized tub filled to the overflow drainage holes).
Soak the limbs and torso or just the affected areas of skin for five to 10 minutes. Do not submerge the head.
Dry skin thoroughly, and generously apply moisturizer.
Take a bleach bath no more than twice a week.

A bleach bath can cause skin dryness if too much bleach is used or if the bath is done too often. If your skin is cracked or extremely dry, any bath — including a bleach bath — may be painful. Talk to your doctor before trying an eczema bleach bath.
UNC tarheel!
#44 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 7:31:17 AM Quote
Just got back from the doctors office. The nurse practitioner, who I talked to first, said she had her kids take bleach-baths as a additional precaution when they had scabies. Her reply to the "is it safe?" query: a 1/4 cup is safe. It's more than the pool, but that's the idea.
For me, the doctor thinks I actually killed of the scabies with Permethrin treatments, and am suffering from a secondary infection from Nodular Scabies while healing. I had developed eczema patches all over my legs that held in the dead mites, dead eggs and their fecal matter, which was terribly itchy. After camping for a week post permethrin treatment, I developed impetigo as well (white pus blister pimples) on my legs. Under my breasts, a yeast infection occurred as my skin was so weakened by the mite ordeal. 3 days ago I did my latest permethrin treatment because I had red itchy bumps on my arms, wrists and neck (they were in my hairline) so I am free of bumps and only have scabs.
I was prescribed cortosteroid cream, yeast cream, Prednisone and Cephalexin for the bacteria in my body causing further skin harm. Bleach baths were suggested to aid in clearing out the topical infection, as well as any last scabies debris.
So there: a doctor suggested it a well as the nurse who took my blood pressure. I'm following doctors orders and will post my outcome soon (I hope!)
Mary
#45 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:05:49 AM Quote
Listen for all those people who keep saying it's stupid to put bleach on their skin to cure scabies they have not clue what they are talking about. If you want to give advise try to use the bleach solution yourself before knocking it. I had scabies for 8 months before I realized every expensive cure the doctor was providing didn't work. On my 6th trip back to the doctor I finally got a doctor who knew what she was talking about. She advised me to use bleach and I left her office and went straight home and took a shower and sprayed down myself with a water bleach solution and I felt better right away. I used the bleach solution twice a day because I shower twice a day and after a week I had no more scabies. Now what I felt and saw come off my body during the week was something like tiny white sand under my hand as I rubbed the bleach in and white little stings coming from the bumps. After this the bumps heeled up and I still use the bleach solution once every two weeks or so just to make sure they are gone. Also you will still itch for a while but as long as no new bumps come your fine. For everyone else stop posting that Bleach will harm you and not work on scabies because none of that is true.
#46 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:18:37 AM Quote

Do not put bleach on your skin it will damage the protective dermal layer of skin which will not only make your scabies worse but it will cause secondary skin infections as well. I am a nurse helping people in retirement homes dealing with scabies so I know first hand!
#47 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2012 7:03:58 AM Quote
Mary,
Could you tell us what are the proportions of water/bleach? And do you rinse it off? Thanks, E3
#48 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:10:30 PM Quote
Guest wrote:
Listen for all those people who keep saying it's stupid to put bleach on their skin to cure scabies they have not clue what they are talking about. If you want to give advise try to use the bleach solution yourself before knocking it. I had scabies for 8 months before I realized every expensive cure the doctor was providing didn't work. On my 6th trip back to the doctor I finally got a doctor who knew what she was talking about. She advised me to use bleach and I left her office and went straight home and took a shower and sprayed down myself with a water bleach solution and I felt better right away. I used the bleach solution twice a day because I shower twice a day and after a week I had no more scabies. Now what I felt and saw come off my body during the week was something like tiny white sand under my hand as I rubbed the bleach in and white little stings coming from the bumps. After this the bumps heeled up and I still use the bleach solution once every two weeks or so just to make sure they are gone. Also you will still itch for a while but as long as no new bumps come your fine. For everyone else stop posting that Bleach will harm you and not work on scabies because none of that is true.

Mary, I appreciate your post, I just would like to know the proportions of your water/bleach potion, and if you rinse it off after spraying it on? Also, do you include your scalp? I hope you see this and are able to respond (not quite sure how this web site works!) Thanks,
E3
#49 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2012 5:12:35 AM Quote

Bleach will only make your skin worse use actual scabies treatments for scabies!
#50 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 4:20:13 PM Quote

This is a terrible idea.... Just use scabies treatments they are readily available both online and at pharmacies.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply