scabies treatment
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

New Topic Post Reply

Get Started Register free and see all scabies posts and threads! Also ensure you read the Scabies treatment guide here for scabies treatment instructions. Have a scabies question? Simply ask it and someone within the community will surely answer it!

Scabies on feet Options · View
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:07:27 AM Quote

It seems hte skin on my heel is way too thick for the permetrhrin to penetrate and this makes me get reinfested or not even cured in the feet area. Does anyone know of anyways to help the permethrin penetrate the soles of my feet? Should I be soaking my feet daily? prior to treatment

Sponsor  

scabies treatment

#2 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 11:33:00 AM Quote
Yeah I would suggest soaking your feet for a couple weeks to get your soles down to thier original layer, maybe look into getting some kind of foot scrub thing. I seen them on tv, or you can get exfoliating bar soap from well.ca which is specifically meant for hard sole feet. This should help you, I know what you mean it seems scabies can build layers of skin or hide under the most thick spots on your body.

deb
#3 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2010 1:38:30 PM Quote

I had this very same problem, it seemed as if though the places i had scabies the most was on my hands and feet and they buillt up thicker skin which made it harder for me to get rid of them and ultimately the place they wanted to keep reinfesting me. Try using borax on your carpeting and steam clean everything every week and then keep the cleaning up and youll get by this all.

#4 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2010 7:31:50 AM Quote

Your hands and your soles of your feet are the worst and hardest place to get scabies and rid of scabies. That was 90% of my battle my skin was so thick that it allowed the scabies to thrive in those areas, these places are likely where alot of people get reinfected, this is why they want you to wear gloves during treatment likely. It helps to use a footbath and really keep your nails trim.

#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 8:09:31 AM Quote

Get that Johnsons foot soap bath stuff! That stuff has like iodine and Borax in it and is used to soften calus skin or hardened skin, the box says you can even bath in it! This stuff is killer for any kind of skin problem and especially scabies! All pharmacies should carry it, you get like 8 packs of the powder for about 5$

#6 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 5:54:07 AM Quote

You could also soak your feet for a few days using baking soda which will open up your pores and make the treatment more effective in penetrating the soles of your feet or thick areas as the creams are likely having trouble. Try using sulfur cream they work and penetrate the skin and also dry it out preventing any scabies from surviving.

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply