scabies treatment
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

New Topic Post Reply

Get Started Register free and see all scabies posts and threads! Also ensure you read the Scabies treatment guide here for scabies treatment instructions. Have a scabies question? Simply ask it and someone within the community will surely answer it!

Bathing Options · View
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2009 4:43:08 PM Quote

If these things can not live with out oxygen wouldnt taking 2 hour baths each day kill them off? I feel better when I take baths late at night before bed, this is the only way I can get a good nights rest. I mean without putting stuff on my body constanlty and stinking like gas from tea tree oils. Im hoping I can get over this soon and resume my life. This is putting a real hamper not only on my life but my sons life as well.

Kimmie
Sponsor  

scabies treatment

Kelly
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 5:05:01 AM Quote

Bathing will definetely make you feel better and get some sleep at night. It will not really kill them as they are pretty persistent and can burrow pretty well. Bathing does though bring your skin down to its initial layer so your skin can shed all the scabies debrie which will inturn make you stop itching. A lot of the times people think they are still infected in post scabies because of the permethrin chemical and the itching and allergies associated with the mites dead remains in the skin. You should be mouiserizing your skin and bathing alot.

Kelly

Janis
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2009 12:21:44 PM Quote
Bathing for long periods of time with epsom saltes will surely kill any mites or scabies close to the skins surface. You are rite scabies can not swim so bathing lots can help reinfestation in post scabies and also get your skin down to its initial layer of skin. Make sure to add a soalp to your bath that will help open your pores up and then the sulfur from the epsom salts will be more effective.
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2009 1:08:56 PM Quote

I would suggest bathing at night before bed time, the scabies mite is most active at night time so if you bath before bed you mite have a chance at drowning some scabies near the surface of the skin. You will also feel better and likely get a better sleep. Scabies can take some time to get rid of.

#5 Posted : Thursday, December 03, 2009 6:36:33 PM Quote
They probably burrow deep enough to get oxygen from the skin, I am sure it would aid in the process of killing them along with a cure, but alone this will not work! Usse natural remedies to cure scabies such as oils and creams, do not use pesticides and insecticides.

#6 Posted : Sunday, April 11, 2010 9:06:13 AM Quote

Overbathing will actually just wreck your skin more as it will strip away the moisture and you will be left with skin that is more liveable for the scabies, if you bath do so for no longer than 45mins a bath and only do so a maximum of twice a day, try in the morning and just before bed, by bathing just before bed you will have more luck at drowing some of the scabies near the surface as they become active at night time. Bathing will not kill scabies though so you should seek treatment and just use bathing as a preventative measure.

#7 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2010 10:22:27 AM Quote

Yeah you do not wanna overbath as during post scabies you want your skin to heal not just get more dry, though during battling scabies it is ideal to take nice long hot baths in the evening time to reduce itching and help your skin surface debrisd possibley

Cure
#8 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 1:42:08 PM Quote
I suggest bathing in epsom salts or baking soda as it will reduce the itching and also help heal your skin after it has been through so much wear and tear. Baking soda is better in a sense that it will make your body soft and stop the itching temporarily, where epsom salts can actually benefit your skin more as they will help heal it and kill off any secondary skin infections that are famous after scabies cases. I would use baking soda one day and epsom salts the next.

Another Tip

Stay away from using too much moisturizers and baby oils in post scabies. I mean yes they are great to use but make sure you are lightly applying them so you are not clogging your pores which will just make your skin problems more severe and complicated. I know in times like this your desperate to do whatever you can, and in most cases I think people do this because they feel they would be drowning or suffocating the mites, but this is not the case. I suggest using sulfur soaps even months after you have treated for scabies because they will help heal your skin and keep you from getting re infested again. Here is the link below to get real sulfur that is specifically for scabies:

Get Real Scabies Sulfur and Tips

Good Luck

Pam
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 9:00:03 AM Quote

This is very true, I used these also had finally cured my scabies within a few days. I also kept using the bars of sulfur soap for a few weeks afterwards to help with post scabies and any potential reinfestation. So glad the nightmare is over. I also agree about use of moisturizers, I would limit it and only use sparringly in areas needed or it will clog your pores and make things way worse.

Thanks for the Tricks!

Pam
Sarah p
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:00:51 AM Quote

The sulfur soaps work well while showering along with using epsom salts in your bath. Like mentioned, the epsom salts only help the skin heal and surface the dead stuff under the skin. Try bathing each night for 45 minutes with 1 full cup of epsom salts. This will help you dramatically with all the post scabies crap.

Helped me!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply