scabies treatment
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

New Topic Post Reply

Scabies Forum for Scabies Treatment

Be sure to register so you can see all boards and posts related to scabies mites and scabies treatment. Another good scabies resource is the Scabies treatment guide here that has many treatments and tips!

Onions and garlic Options · View
Toby
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 09, 2009 6:53:15 AM Quote

Does anyone know if eating lots of garlic and onions if this will detour them from coming back on your skin or even living on your skin? Like im pretty sure your body sweats the garlic and onion out of your pours. Isnt garlic and onion really good for repairing your skin and helping fight off things such as skin ailments? I heard that garlic with alicin is good. What exacltly is alicin?

Sponsor  

scabies treatment

Mark
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2009 6:29:06 PM Quote

Well apparantly garlic with allicin is for maintainng cardiovasscular health, but I would imagine that it is useful in all sorts of ailments including skin problems, I am possitive it would help promote good skin health or help in aiding your body repairing it. I can only see this as a good thing to be taking when your dealling with scabies or post scabies.

#3 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 11:23:47 AM Quote

This wont do anything to cure scabies. It is probably a good pick me up for your immune system and health of your skin. It will not kill scabies though and self handidly cure post scabies.

#4 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2010 5:57:19 PM Quote
It will lower your blood pressure and clean your system out internally, but you want to do both, cleaning yourself externally is the real battle, but anything you can do to improve your immune system during treatment of scabies and post scabies can help you out alot.

#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2010 2:55:18 AM Quote

Garlic alone will not kill scabies. I have heard of people using garlic oil and onion oil on their body externally to kill scabies, but my guess is that this is just a huge myth that originated a long time ago. Just like tea tree oil is said to be a cure but it will only mask the problem. Tea tree oil is good for the skin though as it has antibacterial and antifungal properties, it would be very good to use in post scabies to help your skin heal.

Cure
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 01, 2010 1:37:19 PM Quote

Scabies Treatment Resources

• Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies Tricks Guide
  • Scabies 24 Hour Report

• Implementing a good diet while dealing with scabies can be a very important part of ultimately curing them, vegetables like garlic and onion have tremendous antifungal and antibacterial properties and can help boost your immune system. It is suggested that you eat raw forms of garlic, but you can also get garlic capsules which contain allicin from any drug or health store. A diet rich in garlic and onion will help you fight parasites from the inside out!

#7 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2012 2:01:08 PM Quote

If you get supplements or vitamins make sure the garlic comes with allicin which is the active ingredient to help fight infection, sometimes they take it out so it does not have a smell to it as that ingredient makes the garlic smell I beleive.
    #8 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2012 5:00:20 PM Quote

You could also take MSM pills which contain sulfates much like the ones in vegetables which are really good for your immune system and skin, especially if you do not eat much fruit or vegetables your likely deficient. It is certainly not a scabies cure but done in conjunction with scabies treatment and cleaning your environment it can be a huge plus!
    Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
    New Topic Post Reply