scabies treatment
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

New Topic Post Reply

Get Started Register free and see all scabies posts and threads! Also ensure you read the Scabies treatment guide here for scabies treatment instructions. Have a scabies question? Simply ask it and someone within the community will surely answer it!

Lysol ? Options · View
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 08, 2009 6:00:09 PM Quote

Is lysol good to be spraying in your environment, while this just kill germs or would it kill scabies in the carpeting or on surfaces?

Sponsor  

scabies treatment

#2 Posted : Thursday, July 09, 2009 4:07:52 PM Quote

I use it alot in the bathroom and places like door knobs and plastic stuff that i touch alot. I also use a spray that contains some tea tree oil and lemon citrus to spray on wood or use as a cleaner on stuff. Works great, I also buy those lysol disenfectant wips.

#3 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2009 11:46:01 AM Quote

Yeah I have been spraying lots of lysol all over my door handles, couch coushons, the carpeting in my car. Im obsessed with it I purchased 8 bottles last week and only have 4 left. This stuff says it kills 99.9 percent of germs and even like staph infection type stuff that you can get with post scabies. Typically after you complete scabies your skin has a larger chance to get secondary skin infections such as staph infection which can be very dangerouns and people have evne lost arms and legs. My advice after your in post scabies make sure you have lots of lysol and bleach to try to kill chiggers that are lurking aorund.

#4 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2009 5:59:51 AM Quote

Its definetely good to use in post scabies wehre you do not want to get infections as you will likely be dealing with secondary infections already due to the scabies.

Cathy
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2010 3:48:40 PM Quote

The lysol antibacterial whipes are apparently the best thing for surfaces and such to keep scabies off of everything, you should have a container of them in each room as they immediately kill any scabies that mite be lurking on your possessions! And remember to seal everything into plastic bags and containers as scabies mites need air to breath just like humans!

#6 Posted : Sunday, April 11, 2010 2:24:28 PM Quote

yes lysol will kill 99.9% of germs and disease, you can use lysol to spray on your walls or door knobs or items you can not clean with bleach. There is a lysol spray that contains tea tree oil this is pretty good, also make sure you bag and seal everything up htat you are in contact with daily, such as remote controls, earphones, any kind of items laying around.

#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 3:40:46 PM Quote

Lysol works great, I always spray it on doorknobs or things that I touch alot, seems its preventing scabies reinfestion. Great stuff
Beth
#8 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2010 8:46:14 AM Quote
Get those lysol clean whip things, those are great to keep in every room and then you can always have quick access to whip areas quickly to keep from being reinfected. When I has scabies I had a little routine I would do daily, first I would wake up and put my clothing and bedding from that past night and for that day into the dryer for 30minutes, after this I would use bleach and those clean whips to clean all things I touched that previous day and any surface areas, then I would quickly mop the floors with bleach to kill any scabies. This would be followed by me taking a nice shower, than applying cocoa butter to my body and get dressed. I would follow up that evening with a bath around 10pm for 45mins soaking in lavendar oil, this would help me get sleep and feel relaxed. This routine seemed enough to keep me from getting reinfected with scabies again!

Visit here for more scabies tricks

#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:12:34 AM Quote

Lysol is very good to use on surfaces like door knobs and stuff you touch regularly around the house. I am not sure it is a definite killer for scabies in your living area but it is a good preventitive measure to put into place to ensure your not getting reinfected with scabies. When I had scabies I got reinfected 3 times before I eventually got rid of them.

#10 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 2:05:45 PM Quote

Yes lysol will kill scabies on surfaces!

#11 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2011 2:57:15 PM Quote

The best thing to do is wipe everything down with a bleach solution and buy a steam cleaner to clean carpets and upholstery. Keeping up with cleaning is very important, especially washing and drying your bedding and clothing to ensure reinfestation.

#12 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2012 11:43:27 AM Quote
It should kill scabies on surfaces but I would personally suggest you read:

scabies treatment guide here
#13 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:04:29 AM Quote

Lysol will certainly kill scabies on surfaces and household items, you can also make cleaning solutions that contain bleach which you can wipe down your items and belongings.

#14 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 5:09:21 PM Quote

Lysol kill germs and bacteria I am not sure it will kill scabies. A bleach solution will though on surfaces and you can use a steam cleaner on furniture or use a dryer for fabrics.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply