scabies treatment
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

New Topic Post Reply

Scabies Forum for Scabies Treatment

Be sure to register so you can see all boards and posts related to scabies mites and scabies treatment. Another good scabies resource is the Scabies treatment guide here that has many treatments and tips!

Can you catch scabies from a dog or cat? Options · View
rheosstudy
#1 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2009 6:46:55 PM Quote

Scabies Treatment Resources

• Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies Tricks Guide
  • Scabies 24 Hour Report

• Dogs and cats are infected by different types of mites than those which infect humans. Animals are not a source of spread of human scabies. Scabies on dogs is called mange. When canine or feline mites land on human skin, they fail to thrive and produce only a mild itch that goes away on its own. This is unlike human scabies which gets worse and worse unless the condition is treated.
    Sponsor  

scabies treatment

Cure
    #2 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2009 5:17:04 PM Quote

Scabies Treatment Resources

• Scabies Treatment Blog
  • Scabies Tricks Guide
  • Scabies 24 Hour Report

• Im pretty sure scabies can be transfered from human to cat to human, but the scabies can not survive on a cat body as it is a specific bug to humans. Cats and dogs can get mange though which is similiar , they have alot of the same signs , hair follicules are messed up and ptaches of hair can be missing.

#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2009 1:49:31 PM Quote
    During my quest for information re scabies and wondering where it came from I came upon the dog who was a recent visitor (with mange) and was taken home a few times by my husband, in our car, on the passenger side. He felt sorry for her because she had puppies. She liked to visit out home since my husband fed her one day. Well, when I looked up info on the dog's mange there is sarcoptic mange and that is the same as out scabies mite. (I printed this material and gave it to the owner since she was pregnant, had 2 small children playing with the dog. If someone can tell me this is NOT true then I will keep wondering where this awful, terrible bug/mite came from.
    I'm miserable after 2 perm treatments. Ready to try some other remedies mentioned in postings. The borax, cream or tartar, witch hazel and sulphur. The person who posted this said it really worked. I need to find out since my other treatments are making me itch so much. My doctor gave me some extreme antihistamines. I have been sleeping for weeks, in between itching and scratching. I can't help but scratch. I feel like I'll never get over this. Since the treatment with perm, I have red areas with white lines under the skin. Are they the eggs? Should I poke them with a pin? I can't open them up with my fingernails. Are they going to hatch out or did the permethrin kill them.
    Going crazy in Alabama.Anxious
    #4 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2009 1:54:46 PM Quote
    During my quest for information re scabies and wondering where it came from I came upon the dog who was a recent visitor (with mange) and was taken home a few times by my husband, in our car, on the passenger side. He felt sorry for her because she had puppies. She liked to visit our home since my husband fed her one day. Well, when I looked up info on the dog's mange there is sarcoptic mange and that is the same as our scabies mite. (I printed this material and gave it to the owner since she was pregnant and had 2 small children playing with the dog). If someone can tell me this is NOT true then I will keep wondering where this awful, terrible bug/mite came from.
    I'm miserable after 2 perm treatments. Ready to try some other remedies mentioned in postings. The borax, cream or tartar, witch hazel and sulphur. The person who posted this said it really worked. I need to find out since my other treatments are making me itch so much. My doctor gave me some extreme antihistamines. I have been sleeping for weeks, in between itching and scratching. I can't help but scratch. I feel like I'll never get over this. Since the treatment with perm, I have red areas with white lines under the skin. Are they the eggs? Should I poke them with a pin? I can't open them up with my fingernails. Are they going to hatch out or did the permethrin kill them.
    Going crazy in Alabama.Anxious
    #5 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2009 3:22:52 PM Quote

I was in the same boat, with the permethrin not working properly. The reason was because I was misdiagnosed for months with exxzemma and it gave the scabies a chance to burrow themselves into my skin. Is your skin real thick feeling as opposed to say a year ago when you never had them. Yes I beleive that dogs can be a carrier of scabies but the scabies can not live on dogs as they get some form of mange which is similiar but for dogs. For the most part if your skin is thick the permethrin may not even penetrate where the eggs or scabies are. In this case I would try putting on sulfur every night for 7 days and taking a 45 minute bath in epsom salts for a few weeks. Keep on bathing until your skin gets down to its natural layer, you can use the permethrin again but i would suggest holding off a month or so then when you use it make sure you use it again 7days later to rid the cycle. It is all about breaking the cycle.

Let me know if you have any other questions

#6 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 3:56:10 PM Quote
    I'm a vet tech and you can catch scabies from animals. Dogs can have two different types of mites that cause "mange". Demodex and sarcoptic mange. Demodex we cannot get but sarcoptic mange is zoonotic to people. I've had it twice now working in my field.
    Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
    New Topic Post Reply